OpenVZ CT cannot access to the LAN network

decibel83

Renowned Member
Oct 15, 2008
Hi.

My PVE server is connected to the LAN with the interface eth1.
The OpenVZ CT has a veth bridged with eth1.
CT can access to the IP address of PVE's eth1, but cannot access to other hosts in the LAN.
The strange thing is that other hosts in the LAN can access to CT.
There are no firewall rules in PVE, CT or other hosts, all is ACCEPT and no iptables rules at the moment.
CT0 can access to other hosts in the LAN of course (so no physical connection problems).

ip_forward is enabled on PVE.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!
Bye

Hi Decibel83,

As a network guy this problem puzzles me. The first thing that comes up with me is internal FWs on the real(?) hosts. By default Win7 and 8 will not respond to ping. But then you say CT0 does get response. So just to make sure:
0) did you have to reconfigure FWs (firewalls) to make it work for CT0?
1) all CTs and hosts have their own unique IP address?
2) they are all in the same subnet?
3) they all have a single intf in this subnet?
4) they all have the correct subnet mask?
5) can your CT ping the default gwy of its subnet (if it exists it normally is not a Windows system and will respond to ping)?
6) are the MAC addresses of all hosts unique?

I'm not sure this helps. But at least I tried ...

Steijn

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!