Run script after vm created?

MACscr

Mar 19, 2013
I need to automatically update /etc/inetd.conf when a VM is created so I can add their VNC entries (I hate the java console). Is there any type of hook or way to easily run a bash script or whatever after a VM is created or destroyed? I would even take being able to just do it after one is started or stopped.

I only use KVM. While I would love to be able to run a script within the vm too, I actually in this case need to do it on the host.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Do note that I'm not looking really for how to do the console, etc, but in how to run any script in general after a vm is started or shutdown, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!