howto for IPv6

vikozo

Renowned Member
May 4, 2014
suisse
www.wombat.ch
Hello
is there a Howto to configure IPv6 for the VM which should be reached from outside (from the net) to setup a webserver.

Setting up the "real" Server and the Virtuell Server

have a nice day
vincent

Hello Vincent,

As a newbie I would not know if there is an IPv4 HowTo, let alone an IPv6 HowTo. Such a HowTo might be quite hefty since there is many options for connecting VMs to the real nwk. Just think of bridging or routing, TUN vs TAP interfaces, vSwitches, using virtualized real NICs vs virtIO, and more. I would try to first make it work end-to-end over IPv4 and then copy the solution as is using IPv6. Hope this will help you.

Btw: with CT you mean OpenVZ container?

Steijn

Hello Vincent,

As a newbie I would not know if there is an IPv4 HowTo, let alone an IPv6 HowTo. Such a HowTo might be quite hefty since there is many options for connecting VMs to the real nwk. Just think of bridging or routing, TUN vs TAP interfaces, vSwitches, using virtualized real NICs vs virtIO, and more. I would try to first make it work end-to-end over IPv4 and then copy the solution as is using IPv6. Hope this will help you.

Btw: with CT you mean OpenVZ container?

Steijn
hello
yes in proxmox the call it just ct for container and it will be openVZ
have a nice day
vincent

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!