Feature Request: scale ability for vncterm

dragonauta

Jan 20, 2014
Hi all, really good job!

I would like to see a "scale" in the toolbar of vncterm windows (to scale at 25%, 50%, 75%, etc.)
I found myself dealing with extra-large windows when working with KVM.

For some strange reasons I have some virtual machines running on KVM and screen are too large (i.e 1440x900) for my laptop (1366x768)
when I work from linux there's no problem: I can move window.
But when working from Windows is a nightmare, I can't see bottom of vncterm screen.

Scaling vncterm content (as you can do in tightvnc or ultravnc viewers) would improve user experience's when working with KVM virtual machines.

thanks!!

You just need a newer virt-viewer package - any feedback from Debian, this is maybe a topic for wheezy-backports. In Jessie there is already 0.6.0.

We can think of providing a virt-viewer package for wheezy but so far we use this just internally for testing (as its not really tested heavily).

I'll look in to getting a virt-viewer package for wheezy that we can just install locally... Is the one you use avail to download somewhere ?

I was using vncterm because easy-to-use, just log in and pull the java app.
For spice it's ok on windows but debian has not updated packages, on Arch spice don't show cursor... oh well.
It was less painfull to use vncterm.

Will try spice again

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!