Proxmox Issue Getting Virtual Machines Started

Metalfrogboss

Jun 10, 2014
Good evening
I am a newbie here, and I need some assistance please. We have servers at OVH and we use the Proxmox virtual environment. We have an issue where we had a hardware failure on a server which required reboot. When we did this none of our virtual machines would restart. Keeps coming up with 'connection error' but server is running in OVH. We are not sure how to resolve this. Can anyone help or advise please?
Thanks
Chris

Good evening
I am a newbie here, and I need some assistance please. We have servers at OVH and we use the Proxmox virtual environment. We have an issue where we had a hardware failure on a server which required reboot. When we did this none of our virtual machines would restart. Keeps coming up with 'connection error' but server is running in OVH. We are not sure how to resolve this. Can anyone help or advise please?
Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris,
there is an little bit less information...

Does your server run standalone, or is an part of an cluster?

Sound a little bit, like no quorum?!

How looks your /var/log/boot ?
To compare here the last lines of such an file:
Code:
Sun Mar 23 19:13:20 2014: Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
Sun Mar 23 19:13:20 2014: Starting OpenVZ: ..done
Sun Mar 23 19:13:20 2014: Bringing up interface venet0: ..done
Sun Mar 23 19:13:20 2014: Starting PVE Daemon: pvedaemon.
Sun Mar 23 19:13:22 2014: Starting PVE Status Daemon: pvestatd.
Sun Mar 23 19:13:22 2014: Starting PVE API Proxy Server: pveproxy.
Sun Mar 23 19:13:23 2014: Starting PVE SPICE Proxy Server: spiceproxy.
Sun Mar 23 19:13:23 2014: Starting VMs and Containers
Sun Mar 23 19:13:23 2014: Starting VM 107
Any hints in /var/log/syslog?

Udo

Thanks for your reply

We cannot actually get onto SSH at present!
In Proxmox all severs are set options to 'start at boot=no" , except one which is "start at boot=yes". Is this a factor?
Can't understand why we cannot get shell access to the root!

Chris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!