Connection error 596

CyberWarrior

May 27, 2014
Ok so have run into a brick wall here. I an setting up a 2 node cluster under some less than desirable conditions. I have only 1 external IP address and 2 servers. NodeA eth0 connects to Internet, eth1 connects to NodeB's eth1 via crossover cable. All NodeB traffic is sent to NodeA and forwarded to wherever it needs to go. NodeB connects to the Internet just fine no issues there. Multicast will not work, so i did the unicast configuration from the wiki. I did the multicast test from the wiki, but only unicast get through from NodeB(10.0.1.2) to NodeA(External IP, or 10.0.1.1). I created the cluster and they will connect and the pvecm status all comes up clean. The issue is in the web GUI i keep getting "Error: Connection error 596: Connection timed out" or "596: Broken pipe" error when managing NodeB from NodeA external IP web interface. In the web GUI i can see NodeB "Summary" just fine and get CPU/RAM/etc readings. So there is a connection being made, but all other management functions will not work for NodeB (NodeA is fine). Both server have been installed with the lasts ISO from the proxmox site and are fully updated, and are as close to identical as you can get. SO what am i missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ProxmoxNetConf.PNG

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!