local disk accessible from proxmox vm's

universcine

Aug 28, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a 3.1-3 proxmox server, I want to add a physical hard disk on the server that hosts my proxmox.

The goal is to make folder on this disk accessible from the proxmox vm's ?

Best regards

I think that means "another one", not a pve node
Marco

Thanks Marco

@universcine
NFS is more quick that smb, and M$ have created a NFS installer that have the client and Server, and that can run since Win XP or Windows Server 2003, modern Windows systems have this module included that is ready for install it, always manually (may be that be more dificult to configure it, but is very stable)

Last edited:
Thanks Marco

@universcine
NFS is more quick that smb, and M$ have created a NFS installer that have the client and Server, and that can run since Win XP or Windows Server 2003, modern Windows systems have this module included that is ready for install it, always manually (may be that be more dificult to configure it, but is very stable)

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your answers

I recapitulate:

- Addition of a physical hard disk 2TB on Proxmox server> ok
- Formatting the hard physical disk 2 TB ext4> ok
- Mount the physical disk (/ mnt / data)> ok

Objective: from my proxmox VM, access a shared folder on the physical disk 2TB

Then I mounted the disk as a storage via the web interface of proxmox

So you advise NFS access? In doing this does not really suits me

Background: On my proxmox vm is installed owncloud (to configure a cloud house ^ ^) and we just used the external mapping NFS or rates are not terrible (the volume that is mounted is our datacenter) to accelerate I / O we had the idea to put the data on the hard drive physics proxmox server ...

Hoping to have been clear ^ ^

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your answers

I recapitulate:

- Addition of a physical hard disk 2TB on Proxmox server> ok
- Formatting the hard physical disk 2 TB ext4> ok
- Mount the physical disk (/ mnt / data)> ok

Objective: from my proxmox VM, access a shared folder on the physical disk 2TB

Then I mounted the disk as a storage via the web interface of proxmox

So you advise NFS access? In doing this does not really suits me

Background: On my proxmox vm is installed owncloud (to configure a cloud house ^ ^) and we just used the external mapping NFS or rates are not terrible (the volume that is mounted is our datacenter) to accelerate I / O we had the idea to put the data on the hard drive physics proxmox server ...

Hoping to have been clear

Very Clear, after that the new HDD was formatted, you should add this new disk in /etc/fstab file for that in each boot of the PVE Host, the host can recognize it. And finally you should add it in the PVE GUI for can use it how you want.

About of the configuration in the fstab file, in Internet you will find many information about of it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!