pveproxy in cluster partially working

tuxis

Famous Member
Jan 3, 2014
Ede, NL
www.tuxis.nl
Hi,

I have a cluster of three nodes, one of which rebooted last week. node1 is the node I use for management.

Since the reboot last week, I can use node1 to do e.g. `pvesh get /nodes/node2/netstat` but not for node3. I do get a '200 OK', and after that stuff timesout. When I use the webinterface on node1, I do see the vms on node3, but when I try to open one, there are no details or notes available (nor can I manage it).

So, obviously, something is wrong. `clustat` and `pvecm status` all look good.. Anyone with ideas where to look further?

No, nothing. pvesh sais:
pve:/nodes/proxmox1-3> get netstat
200 OK
Timeout, server 10.10.0.3 not responding.
proxy handler failed
pve:/nodes/proxmox1-3>

Ah! That's a usefull hint!

I can SSH
I can run pvesh locally on node3
I cannot run `ssh -o BatchMode=yes root@10.10.0.3 pvesh --noproxy get nodes/proxmox1-3/netstat`
I can run `ssh -t -o BatchMode=yes root@10.10.0.3 pvesh --noproxy get nodes/proxmox1-3/netstat'

So the issue seems to be in pvesh on node3..

Strace on another terminal shows that it reads /proc/net/dev , and thats about it..

What is the output if you run this on proxmox1-3 (ip 10.10.0.3):

pvesh --noproxy get nodes/proxmox1-3/netstat'

Or what address is 'node3' Is it named 'node3' or 'proxmox1-3'?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!