"New" storage type for users within NFS store

Rudi Swennen

May 14, 2014
Heverlee, Belgium
Hello,

I'm running a proxmox cluster with three nodes. All three nodes have acces to only *one* NFS-share. And it is mounted in /mnt/pve/virtlab01
I only have one NFS-share, there is no possibility to request new ones.
In this NFS_share stores: Images, ISO, Templates, Backups, Containers

Now my question: I would like to create 10 users and give all those users there own storage within this NFS-share. So they can create max. 5 backups. (so the reason why I give separate stores is to limit the snapshot and backup images.
What is the best solution for this:
  • create 10 extra NFS-share all with there one subdirectory in the FS share (the test subdir below is a subdir for a user, so I have to create 10 "test"-subdirs: test1, test2, ...)
    • 10.10.10.10:/vol/virtlab01 3296387456 96436864 3199950592 3% /mnt/pve/virtlab01
    • 10.10.10.10:/vol/virtlab01/storage/test 3296387456 96436864 3199950592 3% /mnt/pve/test
  • create 10 extra directorues all users with their one subdirectory in the FS share and set those directories SHARED so I can migrate between the nodes.
    • see screenshot. So test1, test2, ... are subdirs within the mounted NFS-share.See test2 in the screenshot

Thanks for the response.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
creating extra directories should work (mount NFS via fstab), but I do not really understand your screenshot.

Hello Dietmar,

indeed it both works :) But I would like to know what is the "best".
the mount via fstab is not done, it's in the storage.cfg file. So I don't want to put the NFS in the fstab file.

The screenshot is the example of the NFS mount and the directory, so both work and are functional. But what would be the best to have the lowest issues in the future.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!