new proxmox installation with installer or on top of debian

vikozo

Renowned Member
May 4, 2014
suisse
www.wombat.ch
Hello
what would be the best to set up Proxmox, direct with the ISO Installer from the Homepage.
Or should i do a Debian installation and then Install proxmox?
I would like to have some Munin-node Information running like the Information about of the APC UPC and the hole disk size

have a nice day
vincent

Hello
what would be the best to set up Proxmox, direct with the ISO Installer from the Homepage.
Or should i do a Debian installation and then Install proxmox?
I would like to have some Munin-node Information running like the Information about of the APC UPC and the hole disk size

have a nice day
vincent
Hi,
for an pve-newbie is the iso-installer the prefered way.
If you have special needs, which are not able to solve with the installer, you can use the "on top wheezy way". In this case it's allways an good idea to have the basic understandig how pve works (storage, backup, lvm and so on).

Udo

Hello
the spezial need would be
- Adaptec 6405e (Raid 1)
- APC Power Saving Back-UPS Pro 900
- and Munin Node with some basic monitoring function

Hi,
this has nothing to do with an "install on wheezy".
apt-get install works perfectly with an standard-installation!

pve is an real debian with some "special" packets (kernel, openvz, ...)

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!