new proxmox / nat

vikozo

Renowned Member
May 4, 2014
suisse
www.wombat.ch
hello
i am new to this forum.
i would like to set up Proxmox and be able to have at the end a couple of server pointing or be part of the Internet.
my basic problem - i only have a (1) IP Address which i will pick from my Router.
so the basic question would be NATing.
Should i do the port forwarding with my Fritzbox, or should i create with proxmox a small virtuell Server to do the NAT and maybe Firewall part?

have a nice day
Vincent

#sudo reply-forum-post -vv ;)
Should i do the port forwarding with my Fritzbox, or should i create with proxmox a small virtuell Server to do the NAT and maybe Firewall part?

you could do either one or the other, both should word if properly setup. Start learning about the pve network model, and I suggest you to avoid OpenVirtualSwitch setups if you're learning pve stuff.

Marco

@all Thanks for feedback

@ Tom
Thanks for the Link, this configuration are done to the "Real Server" and not a Virtual one?

First, you need to configure the network on the Proxmox VE host (eg. configure the vmbrX, then you can connect your virtual nic in your VM to this vmbrX).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!