Chipset LSI and the PVE Support Drivers

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi to all

To someone that can help me:

Tipically in several DELL Servers models, I found the PERC RAID controller, and this PERC RAIDs controllers have a chipset LSI as these (same case for several IBM servers models):
- LSI SAS2008
- LSI SAS2208

The questions are:
1- Have "PVE" the latest driver version for these chipsets?
2- Where can i get these driver for compile it?

Last edited:
Branded cards like M5015 with LSI chipset also works, most of them. They using the same drivers for the RoC. Often you can also reflash the branded cards (like M5015) with standard LSI firmwares.
To confirm that you must try your own controller, it is possible that some not working depends on the controller itself.

PERC controllers work out of the box. You should read the proxmox wiki: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Raid_controller

Drivers are installed as the change log shows. You can find it yourself if the lastest driver for it is included or not.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!