Local cache of /etc/pve ?

Florent

Apr 3, 2012
Hi all,

I would like to know if, when a node (which is part of a cluster) starts, it has a local cache copy of /etc/pve before joining cluster ?

In fact, I would like to use /etc/pve to store configuration files, but I need it to configure network (so it has to be done before joining cluster).

Is it possible ?

If it's not, I will make it with rsync or something else.

Thank you ;)

Hello Florent,

From my experience:

Information about a VM or CT is stored in the node where it is located (/etc/pve/qemu-server/*.conf or /etc/pve/openvz/*.conf)
and can be administered locally.

But if a node is not connected to the other nodes of the cluster these configuration files can be set to read-only and no
configuration change is possible in this case.

Can be resolved by

pvecm expected 1

See related wiki section 4.2 "Two nodes cluster and quorum issues" from https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster

Kind regards

Mr. Holmes

I would like to know if, when a node (which is part of a cluster) starts, it has a local cache copy of /etc/pve before joining cluster ?

Yes, there is a local (read-only) copy. But that copy can be out of date because the file could be modified on another node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!