Proxmox VE 3.0 ISO

debian112

Jun 29, 2012
Where can I get a copy of this version: Proxmox VE 3.0 ISO of proxmox. We have a bunch of servers that are running this version, and upgrading is not an option right now.

afaik, it is not possible (not even torrent links), they offer only last 1-2 versions, and I never understood why...

if someone finds a place to share, we could upload our previous versions there... I have some, including proxmox-ve_3.0-0428106c-13.iso

Marco

Because newer versions are fully compatible and contain less bugs.

Sorry Dietmar, I understand why people shoud upgrade they systems - if possible, but stil don't get why I can still dowload
http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/3.1_r0/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r0-i386-netinst.iso

but can't download 3.0 ISO: it's just an example, I don't need it, but once I thought to write something about the pve history, with screenshots and command examples, but I can't because I can't go back to older versions.
Just an example.

I guess it's expensive to have people downloading large, obsolete iso files. But still, someone could need them, for whatever reason.
Is it ok for you having others to share them (say) on archive.org?

Marco

Ok, you can use copy.com it's free, but I think I actually found it.If anyone needs it I can provide a link.Thanks,

I guess it's expensive to have people downloading large, obsolete iso files. But still, someone could need them, for whatever reason.
Is it ok for you having others to share them (say) on archive.org?

I don't think it makes sense distribute old software.

I don't think it makes sense distribute old software.

...nice to not answer questions saying again what was clear from the start. When you're using that particular version (like op), that is not old software, it's current.;)

If you'r so against old software,
* why there's still http://forum.proxmox.com/forums/12-Proxmox-VE-1-x-Installation-and-configuration ?
Latest 1.x version was from 27.9.2011, and installation and configuration it still supported? But users can't re/install 3.0 on an existing 3.0 nodes cluster?
* why 2.3 iso is still downloadable, while 3.0 is no more? link

:confused:

I think you (as proxmox) are deciding the sense for pve users, not only here, but in other fields of this project. It is not a bad project/community (and I've subscribed my cluster nodes, btw): it works, and has lot of good ideas in it, but lacks and refuses many others, and I feel it is really weird if you compare it to most other floss project and communities, like Debian itself, your main upstream. It is more proxmox and less community, just because of what proxmox decides/imposes, imho. This happens sometimes in forums, wiki, downloads, repositories, at least.

When someone (usually using other virtual environments) asks me "how it is" I can only answer that. It just works, it's powerful, flexible to many extents, but be warned that you could feel that developers/maintainers listen mostly what they feel it's right, not really what users feel they need, sometimes. I don't like that, really, it's the worst aspect of this project. That, and the lack of good, structured, documentation. :(

Back to the iso, in topic, users will (probably should) share your iso elsewhere, anyway, there are so many free possibilities... if someone wish to discuss above topics, I could argument better, but let's use a specific thread. :p

Thanks,
Marco

If you'r so against old software,
* why there's still http://forum.proxmox.com/forums/12-Proxmox-VE-1-x-Installation-and-configuration ?
Latest 1.x version was from 27.9.2011, and installation and configuration it still supported? But users can't re/install 3.0 on an existing 3.0 nodes cluster?
* why 2.3 iso is still downloadable, while 3.0 is no more? link

We usually make old version available if someone request it, so this whole thing is a non-issue for me.

but be warned that you could feel that developers/maintainers listen mostly what they feel it's right, not really what users feel they need, sometimes. I don't like that, really, it's the worst aspect of this project.

Yes, we always do what we feel is right.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!