(Re) Setting up Cluster after node (definitvely) lost

laurent.garces

Mar 7, 2014
Hi,

I'm currently testing cluster functionnality on 3.2 doing some possible scenarios.
I created a two node udpu cluster with CTs on both. Now I simulate the definitive lost of one cluster node.
I have backup of CT on both so after one node as been lost can delete lost node (pvecm delnode) from the
cluster and restore CT from the lost node on the remaining one.
This seems to work however the lost node is not completely deleted as I still can see it in the web interface with the
CT it contains (marked red).
It seems that this comes from the fact that CT have not been deleted before deleting the node from the cluster.
How can I cleanly purge the remaining node so that I can reinstall a fresh new node and recreate my cluster cleanly?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!