Proxmox VE is suddenly unreachable

Keksgeber

Mar 25, 2014
Hi community,

I've got a problem with my proxmox ve. I just can't reach it anymore under its ip-adress (witch is the 192.168.178.2:8006), the curious thing about it is that I've already used it to build a LAMP-system on Debian installed my owncloud and everything worked fine, I even connected to no-ip. But 3 days ago I just could't reach the webinterface or the website.
I don't konw what to do now, pls hep. :rolleyes:

Keksgeber

Last edited:
probably the basic networking setup has some errors... more details are needed, and an access to server command line.
can you login to the server, either locally or by ssh (on windows you can use putty)?

Marco

whaaat the f*? problem just sloved itself, i have no idea why it didnt work for a week now o_O
Anyway, thank you for your support :)

Keksgeber

mmm it's already happened something similar...
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/18148-New-3-2-installation-cannot-connect-via-browser

do you spot similar problem, and resolution?

Marco

Ive had the very same problem about 2 days ago when my proxmox node was abruptly powered off (power outage).. Turned out, the computer I was using to access proxmox was faulty, for whatever reason, the OS was trying to reuse the IP lease that my pfsense VM had issued before the outage..

Proxmox was not at fault, my desktop machine was... Shutdown the machine and rebooted, the IP was flushed and renewed, and all was fine..

Maybe this will help?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!