High Availability

darinschmidt

Jun 23, 2012
I havent really been able to find much on this, other than its what is/was used. But is proxmox still based on hard fencing for reliable HA? I understand why, but not really sure its needed when that can be done via software, as in during the startup process to check and make sure any vm's that are supposed to be running on the system arent running else where and if they are, dont start those VM's.

I was checking out Ovirt, it looks like its coming along real nice, but still lacks the features prox provides with its interface and Citrix doesnt use hard fencing and works out well. But with just seeing the release of proxmox 3.2, i been thinking about taking off ovirt and using it again at home as ovirt doesnt support openvz, only KVM, though im sure that will change quickly.

I have a managed switch, so its not hard for me to integrate HA hard fencing. I was just curious.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!