Proxmox Node running for 327 Days!

wahmed

Famous Member
Oct 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
www.symmcom.com
Just wanted to share this awesome accomplishment. One of our 3 Proxmox nodes setup had been running for last 327 Days without any reboot!!
proxmox-1yr.png

About 1 more month and we can celebrate 1 Year Uptime!! :)
Yes we did not do any update on it in last 327 Days. But it had been running great.

yes, my nodes are very stable, too... (have been since 1.5 btw, then 1.7, then 2.1, then 3.1...)
only major updates (kernel), hardware problems or wrong manual setup changes made me reboot. Oh, and major power losses, too :), when UPS has no more charge...
I don't need fancy features (some are nice, and I use them, though) and balszing fast performances, but I love the rock solid stability of pve.
I can mostly forget of it, and spend more time reading and posting on this forum :D

Marco

Let me say that I don't consider this a great achievement. Not having rebooted means you did not upgraded any kernel during this time, perhaps not did any upgrades at all ? I don't condider this wise. You have to plan some maintenance time to do these upgrades, to upgrade kernels and other PVE stuff and reboot the nodes. Doing this rather regularly will prevent also a long check of the ext3 file system. If you have for example a power failure, you will appreciate not having a long file system check...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!