[SOLVED] Web interface not working after installation from provider

Terrum

Renowned Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi community, I'll just start by saying I am an absolute newbie when it comes to Linux. I am currently trying to learn from it so you'll have to excuse me if I don't understand some responses given. I am however Microsoft certified so I will understand most 'jargon' ;)I have a dedicated machine with Hetzner who provide a pre-installed boot of Proxmox VE. Upon typing 'uname -a' I get: "Linux Proxmox-VE.localdomain 2.6.32-26-pve #1 SMP Mon Oct 14 08:22:20 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux"I have also tried updating everything using 'apt-get update', 'apt-get upgrade', and 'aptitude full-upgrade'.However with 'aptitude full-upgrade' I get: "No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used."I assume this is either because I am already up-to-date or because there is an issue. In any case I cannot access the web interface through my home computer's browser (Chrome). It states:
No data receivedUnable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
I tried searching the forum and performed fixes such as command-line reinstallations, network configurations, and more. I tried pinging the IP from home and it results ping responses without issues; I absolutely cannot see what is wrong.I'm hoping someone can help as I am greatly looking forward to using Proxmox! Many thanks.

Last edited:
Also for some reason the layout of my post changed. I used double enter however it doesn't appear to have liked them for some reason. I apologise for that, I tried editing them but it just seems to want to stay like that. Hope it's still readable!

Sorry, managed to solve it! Didn't realise it only worked through HTTPS.Make sure you use https://your.ip.here:8006 for the solution to this! :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!