Windows 2008R2 file copy hanging?

bhennigar

Mar 20, 2012
Haliafax, NS Canada
I have a KVM with Windows Server 2008R2. Everything runs normally however file copies will occasionally hang for multiple minutes. It happens for both local and LAN copies. The VM itself isn't frozen. RDP is still responsive and I can open applications and files. The Proxmox host is under light load. I've seen this happen with small and large copies (10MB-10GB)

The graphs for the VM don't reflect the hang. I see where the disk IO jumps for the copy but it doesn't drop to reflect a hang. I'm sure that it's hanging because it doesn't just jump to 100% complete when it resumes.

Running up to date proxmox 3.1 and latest virtIO disk drivers. RAID reports that all disks are healthy.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!