How can you specify another target for snapshots?

BdN3504

Oct 18, 2013
Hi,
I'm running promox VE 3.1. I have one windows 7 guest system. When I take a snapshot of that guest, a raw file gets created in the same directory in which the qcow2 file for that guest is stored. In the host machine, there are two hard disks, one ssd and one big hdd. The qcow2 file is stored on the ssd, which is intended. But the snapshot is also created on the ssd, which is not intended.
I simply moved the raw file to the hdd but I guess now the "Rollback" function will not work. In the "Edit Snapshot" window, the vmstate line reads "local:100/vm-100-state-name.raw". If the system will be looking for the file in that directory when I do a rollback, it most likely won't find the file.
Is there a way I can specify where to store snapshots? If not, is there some way I can edit the location of the vmstate in the snapshot that was taken? Where is the information about snapshots stored? Is there one file per snapshot storing all the information?

Help is appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!