Cannot create CT from command line

Gerwood

Jan 8, 2014
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new container from the ubuntu 13.10 template (ubuntu-13.10-x86_64), using vzctl create.

vzctl is telling me that "Error: Not enough parameters, diskinodes quota not set"

If I try a using --diskinodes as an option vzctl tells me that diskinodes is an unrecognized option, which makes sense given it's not listed as an option.

Am I missing something? I've looked through the Wiki and can't find any information on it.

Containers can be created through the web interface fine.

Thanks
Gerwood

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new container from the ubuntu 13.10 template (ubuntu-13.10-x86_64), using vzctl create.

vzctl is telling me that "Error: Not enough parameters, diskinodes quota not set"

If I try a using --diskinodes as an option vzctl tells me that diskinodes is an unrecognized option, which makes sense given it's not listed as an option.

Am I missing something? I've looked through the Wiki and can't find any information on it.

Containers can be created through the web interface fine.

Thanks
Gerwood

Hi i got this problem, and its really anoying because if you just have acces to terminal it is difficult to create templates. I have solved it by copying an existing .conf file present in /etc/pve/openvz/, copy it with the termination *.conf-sample. After this use it in the vzctl create command. Like this "vzctl create 106 --ostemplate midebianminimo64 --private /var/lib/vz/private/106 --name debianparapruebas --config q . "q" is the sample file . Then you have to modifyt he file accordingly . I dont know why the web ui does this easy. In the openvz wiki there is not guidance to this problem. So i guess this problem is exclusive of proxmox. I think that proxmox ui precreates the config file anf then passes it to vzctl.
My solution is an ugly workaround but works.

you need to use pvectl instead on vzctl.

see 'man pvectl'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!