Java 7u51 and vnc console

You cannot change that (and it makes no sense to change that).

It makes no sense that Java's complaining about it either... ;)

I'm wondering, with my Java-n00b brain, if this error is related to the recent manifest permissions error some of us were seeing... It did warn the applet may be blocked in the future. Maybe they've got it throwing up the wrong error.

Yes, that is why we signed the applet with an 'official' code signing certificate.

No, it was a different warning that started in a later version of Java... I doubt that's the issue, but given the only change in my case was Java, it's odd to go from that manifest error to this signing one, with no further manifest warnings once I "trust" the applet.

Yep. That's the one I started getting today (different to the manifest one a few weeks ago) after being forced to update Java.
Adding the Proxmox server as an exception in the Java control panel fixes it, but that's kind of painful if you have a dozen servers (at different sites, not in a cluster).

Your pictures shows that you run an outdated version.
Update to latest stable and you will see a Comodo signed java applet for the VNC console.

Err, is that no subscription or enterprise only?

Edit: I ask because the server I was fiddling on today was only updated a few days ago. Was this cert change done in the last week or further back?

Despite that i have bought certificates so i don't see any reason for adding proxmox certificate as exception.

Despite that i have bought certificates so i don't see any reason for adding proxmox certificate as exception.

There is no reason for an exception. You just run an outdated version so instead of complaining here just update your host.

Figured out why mine was being stupid (even after making sure Proxmox was up to date)... It seems Java decided to cache the old, now broken jar file and not update it for some reason.
Went into the Java control panel, "temporary internet files", ticked everything and hit delete. Started Proxmox console and everything is well.

Those with old machines and versions can stay put with Firefox v24.6 ESR (Extended Support Release) dated June 2014.
Also the Java version can stay put at v1.7 update 40.
In Firefox browse to about:config and set the parameter extensions.blocklist.enable to false.
Very bad advice normally, but acceptable when used in a secure environment with suitable precautions.
This is useful for controlling older Proxmox VE machines that are no longer updated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!