Java 7u51 and vnc console

Just changed offical GoDaddy certificate to my nodes yesterday and today it took a while to figure out what is wrong. Thanks to Java update :) GUi is working great with GoDaddy certificate but Java somehow finds self-signed "www.proxmox.com" sertificate. Can't figure out how to change it to use GoDaddy certificate files too. Any ideas to fix this?

Hi,

Facing the same :/

Adding the Server URL to the exception list make Java lauch but another error is throwing :
Error: Could not parse certificate: java.io.IOException: Empty input

As sprit says, it may be necessary to use the same certificate match (per server, and per applet) ?

I tested on :
- originally configured server (original pve-ssl.key) : All is OK, Java is lauching and the console showing
- "Self SSL'd" server (crt/key generated from a self-signed CA) : Java launching but no console

Please advice/help !
Vincent

Have you remembered to delete the java applet from the java cache? See ControlPanel

OpenJDK using IcedTea plugin
icedTea.png

OracleJDK7 using included plugin
OracleJDK.png

For both choose 'View files' and delete every occurrence of VncViewer to force download of new plugin.
This is how it looks here:
VncViewer.png

I cleared the cache, remove the old certificates.
But proxmox is still pushing "proxmox" certificate in java applet.
It looks like it ignores any changes in pve-root-ca.pem.

But proxmox is still pushing "proxmox" certificate in java applet.

Not sure what you talk about, but the java applet is signed with the Proxmox code signing certificate.
You cannot change that (and it makes no sense to change that).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!