/etc/pve got wiped; all configs lost

ArtemZ

May 23, 2012
Hello,
I'm using proxmox 3 (pve-manager/3.1-21/93bf03d4 (running kernel: 2.6.32-20-pve)) and performed apt-get dist-upgrade in order to update things. It resulted in loss of configuration data from /etc/pve, this folder has been simply wiped. What can I do now to restore it?

Thanks

Hello,
I'm using proxmox 3 (pve-manager/3.1-21/93bf03d4 (running kernel: 2.6.32-20-pve)) and performed apt-get dist-upgrade in order to update things. It resulted in loss of configuration data from /etc/pve, this folder has been simply wiped. What can I do now to restore it?

Thanks

Hi /etc/pve is mounted by pve-cluster service.
Can you try /etc/init.d/pve-cluster restart ?

real datas are in a sqlite database located here:
/var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db

and a backup-dump is available here:
/var/lib/pve-cluster/backup

I already specified the output of pveversion. It's pve-manager/3.1-21/93bf03d4 (running kernel: 2.6.32-20-pve)

The problem has been solved. It seems like a hostname related error during update of pve-cluster caused this to happen. After I fixed server's hostname and re-run apt-get dist-upgrade command content in folder /etc/pve has been auto restored.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!