where is all the lvm related stuff stored in proxmox? volumgroup looks empty

felipe

Oct 28, 2013
hello

we chanched from KVM/virsh to proxmox. However as there is no option for using existing images (that is really missing) we just created new machines- then made an lvmremove of the newly created lvm and then an lvrename from the old lvm to the new name of proxmox...
this works but now i dont see any of the lvms when i look on the content of the volume group.
but lvmscan show me all volumnes normally...

why does proxmox dont show any?
and maybe os there a better way of migrating the lvms? i just installed the proxmox on the host without deleting the lvms of the guests (first installing debian and then proxmox...)

thank you
philipp

hello

we chanched from KVM/virsh to proxmox. However as there is no option for using existing images (that is really missing) we just created new machines- then made an lvmremove of the newly created lvm and then an lvrename from the old lvm to the new name of proxmox...
this works but now i dont see any of the lvms when i look on the content of the volume group.
but lvmscan show me all volumnes normally...

why does proxmox dont show any?
and maybe os there a better way of migrating the lvms? i just installed the proxmox on the host without deleting the lvms of the guests (first installing debian and then proxmox...)

thank you
philipp
Hi,
proxmox ve use lvm-tags to assign VM-disks to the VMs.

Looks like:
Code:
lvs -o +lv_tags
  LV            VG                    Attr      LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Move Log Copy%  Convert LV Tags   
  vm-108-disk-1 a_sas_r0              -wi-ao---  40.00g                                            pve-vm-108
  vm-110-disk-1 a_sas_r0              -wi-ao---   4.00g                                            pve-vm-110
Udo

thank you!

works now.
btw: is there any other option to move from standard libvirt to proxmox?
there is no way of importing/define existing images?

regards
philipp

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!