Mount HDD with qm set <vmid> /dev/sdx1

WaiXan

Nov 14, 2013
Hello,

I've added three hdds to an vm (kvm) with qm set <vmid> /dev/sdx1 as I read here http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/35...th-existing-data-as-storage?p=20133#post20133

Disks I want to add:
/dev/sdb1
/dev/sde1
/dev/sdf1

When I try to start my machine it outputs:
Code:
root@pmh01:~# qm start 105kvm: -drive file=/dev/sde1,if=none,id=drive-ide2,aio=native,cache=none: could not open disk image /dev/sde1: Invalid argument
start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 105 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/105.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/105.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/105.pid -daemonize -name backup2.sveabyran.se -smp 'sockets=1,cores=2' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on' -vga cirrus -cpu kvm64,+x2apic,+sep -k sv -m 4096 -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -drive 'file=/dev/sde1,if=none,id=drive-ide2,aio=native,cache=none' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2' -drive 'file=/dev/sdb1,if=none,id=drive-ide1,aio=native,cache=none' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.0,unit=1,drive=drive-ide1,id=ide1' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/105/vm-105-disk-1.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-ide0,format=qcow2,aio=native,cache=none' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0,id=ide0,bootindex=102' -drive 'file=/dev/sdf1,if=none,id=drive-ide3,aio=native,cache=none' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.1,unit=1,drive=drive-ide3,id=ide3' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap105i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,vhost=on' -device 'virtio-net-pci,mac=xx,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300'' failed: exit code 1

How can I add these disks?

someone suggested --storage switch not sure how to use that switch. but give it a try qm set <vmid> -sata<id> /dev/<device> --storage and see if that works

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!