can't install windows server 2012

I know this is an old thread but I want to post my solution to this exact problem. Since google lead me here, others will follow.

-Ensure that the no execute bit is enabled in your BIOS for all host processors
(usually found under Advanced Processor Options, or something similar)

I was experiencing my VM automatically rebooting a second after the windows logo appeared during windows installation. Sometimes I could see a stop message but it would disappear. Changing the cpu type did not make any difference. Simple googling found other people with similar problems, not many suggestions. I found someone mention the noexecute bit on another forum, sorry I forget where or how I found it. Checked bios, noexecute bit was disabled, enabled it, rebooted and VM started up windows install with no other changes.

Reactions: ebiss
Hi all,
I had the same boot loop after windows logo problem.
Just want to confirm the suggested solution, it worked for me:
"Ensure that the no execute bit is enabled in your BIOS for all host processors"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!