MegaRAID = megaproblem

amace

Renowned Member
Dec 17, 2012
Armpit, Hell
I am trying an installation on a machine with LSI 9240-8i PCI-express raid controller and kernel boot stalls indefinitely on boot with the following message:

>>>PVE 2.1<<<
megasas: INIT adapter done
INFO: task modprobe:289 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
INFO: task scsi_scan_16:294 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

>>>PVE 3.1<<<
megasas: FW now in ready state
megasas: FW supports <0> MSIX vector, OnlineCPUs: <8>, Current MSIX <1>
megasas: Failed to ioremap host memory.
Error in initializing cpx.
megasas: INIT adapter done

I am working with LSI on this but we're not getting anywhere fast....

I've seen the release notes for the latest kernel in 3.1 has an updated megaraid driver. Is there any documentation on patching the installation CDROM or will there be a new release that includes that kernel?

OK, I wasn't sure if that was a later update or not. I downloaded the ISO via torrent yesterday.

Grub reports "Proxmox VE 3.1 (build e1f08ccd-06)" at the boot prompt.

The word from LSI is

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]It is not compatible with your motherboard. You probably will have[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] a better chance with the 9260-8i. Thanks"[/FONT][/FONT]

not good.

Thanks.

The word from LSI is

"It is not compatible with your motherboard. You probably will havea better chance with the 9260-8i. Thanks"

not good.

Thanks.
Hi,
perhaps you should try an areca controller (I have also made some ugly experiences with LSI-Controller - which are not support pass through disks and so on... ).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!