Office Hours (purpose)

bct

Jul 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK
www.bct.cc
Hi there. I have been testing your mail proxy for 5 days now on a domain which receives approx. 20,000 junk messages per day.

So far it seems to be doing a fantastic job.

One question:
What is the purpose of setting the 'Office Hours - Timeframe setting'?

How does the mail proxy filtering change during office hours and after office hours?

Thank You.

bct said:
Hi there. I have been testing your mail proxy for 5 days now on a domain which receives approx. 20,000 junk messages per day.

So far it seems to be doing a fantastic job.

One question:
What is the purpose of setting the 'Office Hours - Timeframe setting'?

How does the mail proxy filtering change during office hours and after office hours ?

Thank You.

hi,

thanks for using Proxmox!

Proxmox is not just a simple spam and virus filter. We implemented a flexible rulesystem, where you can configure many things.

example for the use of the object "office hours":

Disallow LDAP Group A sending outgoing emails during office hours, send notification to sender.

With this rule you can discipline your employees to work instead of emailing during office hours, but after doing their main work they can send emails.

It´s very specific and does not make sense for all, but nice to have if you need it.

Kind regards,
Martin

Thank you for such a speedy reply. It seems that each day that I look at your software I discover another setting/feature. :)

The only issue we have seen is using it for outgoing messages. :? After about 24 hours of implementing the exchange server to send messages through the proxmox, the proxmox failed to accept messages from the exchange server. Once discovered, I quickly changed the exchange server settings back to normal and never tested it again.

The proxmox queues had about 200 items in it when it failed. I have since rebooted proxmox.
The proxmox queue still has 184 items in it, but I suspect that it because of the 5 day retry period.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

bct said:
Thank you for such a speedy reply. It seems that each day that I look at your software I discover another setting/feature. :)

The only issue we have seen is using it for outgoing messages. :? After about 24 hours of implementing the exchange server to send messages through the proxmox, the proxmox failed to accept messages from the exchange server. Once discovered, I quickly changed the exchange server settings back to normal and never tested it again.

The proxmox queues had about 200 items in it when it failed. I have since rebooted proxmox.
The proxmox queue still has 184 items in it, but I suspect that it because of the 5 day retry period.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

hi,
question: it worked and after 24 hours it stopped?

If you want, we can take a look on the machine (via SSH) on monday to check the logs. please contact me directly via martin@proxmox.com for access details.

kind regards,
martin

Is there an easy method to do the opposite (determine the hours the outoing mails are allowed)? Should I determine the inverse hours?

I couldn't find more details about the rule in the demo.

And also, license questions:

1- I know the users are unlimited, but how many domains can I link to one PMG license?
2- Who may be entitled to the FREE license (form available in your main site)?

Regards,
Renato

I felt confused about the license. :confused: The free one, allow how many domains?!

I'm an IT consultant and here in Brazil we have a new law: the employees should not be able to send mail out of office hours (they can read, though). I'm just trying to find a cheap/free solution for this specific problem. And since one server is able to manage multiple domains, I would be happy to provide assistance to my customers in this case, not by charging them for this specific solution, it would be offered for free as a plus for the companies I work to. ;)

Where can I read more about licensing? All I found was a .pdf with the prices for versions with included support.

I felt confused about the license. :confused: The free one, allow how many domains?!

One domain.

I'm an IT consultant and here in Brazil we have a new law: the employees should not be able to send mail out of office hours (they can read, though). I'm just trying to find a cheap/free solution for this specific problem. And since one server is able to manage multiple domains, I would be happy to provide assistance to my customers in this case, not by charging them for this specific solution, it would be offered for free as a plus for the companies I work to. ;)

Where can I read more about licensing? All I found was a .pdf with the prices for versions with included support.

You can't use the free version if you have more than one domain.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!