Can't get web management page working after installation

The server doe snot have any OS, is it ok if I just install proxmox on an empty server? If yes, why can I do about the web stuff? I dont have browser, it does not work on other machines.

Um. You need to use a different computer to use a browser...

You don't use the proxmox server desktop so there is no gui installed on it.

Why would you install proxmox on top of Ubuntu?

Sent from my Nexus 5

The server doe snot have any OS, is it ok if I just install proxmox on an empty server? If yes, why can I do about the web stuff? I dont have browser, it does not work on other machines.

The proxmox iso IS the OS

You just install it like you would Ubuntu server.

You have to configure your IP address for the server, but since you have not provided any info we cannot make blind recommendations to help you.

What do you mean it doesn't work from other machines? What is your hardware? Have you configured your server IP address?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hi,
what so you mean with " it does not work on other machines"?
You have an second machine with an gui (linux, osx, windows) in the same network?
If yes, can you ping your pve-node?

If you have the pve node only, you can install an gui (not recommended for production)
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Workstations_with_Proxmox_VE_and_X11

Udo

Thank you for your reply! the problem is I am so new to linux and this tuff but I need to get it done. I used my laptop and I tried that ip I nothing found. What should I do with that ip? Should I type it in a browser?? but it says cannot find the url.
The proxmox iso IS the OS

You just install it like you would Ubuntu server.

You have to configure your IP address for the server, but since you have not provided any info we cannot make blind recommendations to help you.

What do you mean it doesn't work from other machines? What is your hardware? Have you configured your server IP address?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you for your reply! the problem is I am so new to linux and this tuff but I need to get it done. I used my laptop and I tried that ip I nothing found. What should I do with that ip? Should I type it in a browser?? but it says cannot find the url.

What ip did you try?

What machine did you install proxmox on?

What machine are you trying to access the Web gui from?

You need at least 2 computers to set this up. One of them gets proxmox installed on it. The other is used to configure through its own Web browser connected to the IP that the proxmox install gives you and both machines need to be connected to the same network to make things easier

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks, I installed again and changed the ip, this time it worked.
Now I want to create ubuntu and windows. but ubuntu is not in the list. I have a CD that has the iso image for ubuntu 12.04. Can I create a VM of ubuntu 12.04?

What ip did you try?

What machine did you install proxmox on?

What machine are you trying to access the Web gui from?

You need at least 2 computers to set this up. One of them gets proxmox installed on it. The other is used to configure through its own Web browser connected to the IP that the proxmox install gives you and both machines need to be connected to the same network to make things easier

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks, I installed again and changed the ip, this time it worked.
Now I want to create ubuntu and windows. but ubuntu is not in the list. I have a CD that has the iso image for ubuntu 12.04. Can I create a VM of ubuntu 12.04?

Of course you can. Upload your iso using the Web gui and create a 'VM' and point it to the iso you uploaded

This is all handled in many of the guides and wiki

Sent from my Nexus 5

I uploaded the iso and created the windows 7 VM. but after I passed the steps nothing happened. I mean no timing passed for installing. the VM was stopped and when I clicked on start it went to TASK ERROR: No accelerator found!
Of course you can. Upload your iso using the Web gui and create a 'VM' and point it to the iso you uploaded

This is all handled in many of the guides and wiki

Sent from my Nexus 5

I uploaded the iso and created the windows 7 VM. but after I passed the steps nothing happened. I mean no timing passed for installing. the VM was stopped and when I clicked on start it went to TASK ERROR: No accelerator found!

Sounds like you don't have VT enabled in your host machine BIOS

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks. Can you give me more information about it? how can I create and start those VMs without KVM and with Oen VZ? What will be different in my work. Now the VMs are not working how can I make them work?
Thanks alot.
It could still support Openvz, so you could run linux servers...

To run KVM vms, you need a system (motherboard, BIOS and CPU) that fully support virtualization

Marco

Thanks. Can you give me more information about it? how can I create and start those VMs without KVM and with Oen VZ? What will be different in my work. Now the VMs are not working how can I make them work?
Thanks alot.

Hi,
openvz linux machines are more performant (near bare metal) than kvm, and need much less resources.
the main restriction could be that they can't run their own kernel, but only the host (pve) running kernel. but this could not be an issue. and, afaik, some guest software (like java) could give issues, but I've never used it in openvz. search forum if you find issues.

see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/OpenVZ to start
then http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation#Container_.28OpenVZ.29

Marco

Thanks. I have few questions again:D

1. Today I am unable to access to proxmox remotely with the ip. It says the page cannot find... I tried many things even I reinstalled proxmox but it can't. this morning our internet was down for few minutes and I think that is the problem. even for my pc I had to reinstall and install the NIC again.

Can you give me some commands that I can use to find out the problem for the network. If you know how I can reinstall and install the network card, that would be great. Also why the commands are not working on that? What commands I should use? linux2.6??
Hi,
openvz linux machines are more performant (near bare metal) than kvm, and need much less resources.
the main restriction could be that they can't run their own kernel, but only the host (pve) running kernel. but this could not be an issue. and, afaik, some guest software (like java) could give issues, but I've never used it in openvz. search forum if you find issues.

see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/OpenVZ to start
then http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation#Container_.28OpenVZ.29

Marco

ok I was able to connect remotely. I just changed the ip again
Now, for setting p open vz instead of KVM, should I start with clicking on create CT instead of create VM?

Thanks. I have few questions again:D

1. Today I am unable to access to proxmox remotely with the ip. It says the page cannot find... I tried many things even I reinstalled proxmox but it can't. this morning our internet was down for few minutes and I think that is the problem. even for my pc I had to reinstall and install the NIC again.

Can you give me some commands that I can use to find out the problem for the network. If you know how I can reinstall and install the network card, that would be great. Also why the commands are not working on that? What commands I should use? linux2.6??

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!