PCIe Passthrough Problem

Jan 9, 2012
Hi,

i want to pass through two of my PCIe Cards to the VM's.

One of them is a DVB-S Card. When i start the machine, i get the following message:

kvm: -device pci-assign,host=03:00.0,id=hostpci0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x10:
Host-side INTx sharing not supported, using MSI instead.
Some devices do not to work properly in this mode.
TASK OK

The VM works, but what mean the message "Host-side INTx sharing not supported..." ?

My second Card is a SATA Controller and that does not work.
When i start the VM, i get the following message:

kvm: -device pci-assign,host=01:00.0,id=hostpci0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x10: PCI region 5 at address 0xfbb10000 has size 0x200, which is not a multiple of 4K. You might experience some performance hit due to that.
kvm: -device pci-assign,host=01:00.0,id=hostpci0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x10: Failed to assign irq for "hostpci0": Input/output error
kvm: -device pci-assign,host=01:00.0,id=hostpci0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x10: Perhaps you are assigning a device that shares an IRQ with another device?
kvm: -device pci-assign,host=01:00.0,id=hostpci0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x10: Device 'kvm-pci-assign' could not be initialized
TASK ERROR...

Whats the Problem there?
Why is IRQ-Sharing not possible?

Alex

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!