Installing Solaris 11 on ProxMox

oeginc

Mar 21, 2009
I'm trying to install Solaris 11 as a KVM on our ProxMox server. I've reached the point in the installation where it says press F2 to continue, if you do not have an F2 key or can't press it - press ESC and use the arrow keys to select.

I've tried F2 and ESC and neither one of those seem to work. I checked the SendKey menu, and it only has CTRL-ALT combinations.

Since this is the 'text' installation method, I searched their website for a graphical installation and was not able to find it.

Any ideas how I can get past this? We have a client that needs Solaris for putzing around in (they use it in their production environments). I thought it'd be simple, LOL..

You can use the 'sendkey' monitor command. Open the monitor pannel, and type:

# sendkey f2

Thank you so much Dietmar, that worked. I now have the 64-bit version of Solaris 11-1 installed and running.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!