Best setup for Cluster with 2 Nodes and 2 iSCSI Server

CrazyB0b

Nov 15, 2012
Germany
www.dbl-wulff.de
Hi!

I've been reading in this forum a longer time now and have been playing around with Proxmox since Version 1.9.
Now I'm looking to build a setup for production and I need some help:

I got two Proxmox Servers running in a cluster and I got two iSCSI Servers.
Right now the Proxmox Server 1 has an iSCSI target configured, which lays on iSCSI Server 1 and Proxmox Server 2 has one configured on iSCSI Server 2.
I configured the iSCSI via CLI, added LVM to it and put a filesystem over it so I can mount this as a device locally. I added the storage via webinterface using the directory which is the mount point of said iSCSI LV. I've done this on both nodes.

Online BackUp works great for VMs and for CTs, which are on the iSCSI LV.
Now what I cant figure out is how to migrate from one node to another, because I get the error message "storage [...] is not avalaible on Node 1"
But shouldnt treat Proxmox my mounted device as a local device, since I used iSCSI, and therefor copy my virtual HDD file to my other node ?

I'm running the latest Proxmox Version 2.2.

Thanks for your help!
Greetings Bob

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!