Updates for Proxmox VE 2.2

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We just moved a bunch of packages to our stable repository, including a lot of important bug fixes and code cleanups.

Release Notes

- redhat-cluster-pve (3.1.93-2) unstable; urgency=low
  • correct init script dependency, so that open-iscsi is stopped after cman.
- qemu-server (2.0-68) unstable; urgency=low
  • vzdump: store drive in correct order (sort) to avoid confusion
  • fix allocation size in qmrestore
  • vzdump: restore sata drives correctly
  • remove hardcoded blowfish cipher
- pve-sheepdog (0.5.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
  • update to sheepdog 0.5.4
- pve-manager (2.2-30) unstable; urgency=low
  • add Norwegian (Bokmal and Nynorsk) translations.
  • fix bug #276: create root mount point
  • fix RRD images caching problems: new create_rrd_graph returns rrd png data inline - no need to read data from file.
- pve-kernel-2.6.32 (2.6.32-82) unstable; urgency=low
  • update to vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab063.2.src.rpm
  • add fix for openvz cpt on NFS (fix bug #71)
- pve-cluster (1.0-32) unstable; urgency=low
  • do not pass undef tp RRDs::graphv (use '' instead)
  • also initialize /root/.ssh with 'pvecm updatecerts'. That way we create a default /root/.ssh/config when updating this package.
  • create /root/.ssh/config and set default Chiphers
  • fix caching problems in create_rrd_graph (do not save any data to files)
- libpve-storage-perl (2.0-36) unstable; urgency=low
  • remove timeouts from 'qemu-img snapshot' commands.
  • purge snapshots before delete volume
- libpve-common-perl (1.0-39) unstable; urgency=low
  • fix bug #273: retry flock if it fails with EINTR

It doesn't look like it but I'll ask just in case. Did this fix bug #278 for slow virtio nic? I see the bug doesn't show resolved and this doesn't reflect it either so likely not. I'm just asking because I'm waiting on that to move forward. Thank you!

no, but there are workarounds. if you need help here open a new thread or add your questions to the existing thread.

I saw the workaround in the bug. I was just hesitant to implement it in case you had a fix upcoming as that is the cleaner way IMO. Thanks for the quick response!

The apt-get upgrade process removed all my ssh keys. Not exhilarating in the morning if you close all update ssh connections after the upgrade.
I disabled password logins on most of the machines. Now it seems that I have to grab a local shell.

Last edited:
Concur, I saw this too. I have four proxmox servers; two are standalone, two are clustered. The standalone machines lost their SSH keys and reset to a default (with a proxmox key). I've had to re-instantiate my .ssh/authorized_keys file.

I've had to re-instantiate my .ssh/authorized_keys file.

Are you aware of the fact that this file should be a symbolic link on PVE?

# ls -l /root/.ssh/
total 44
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Nov 9 12:25 authorized_keys -> /etc/pve/priv/authorized_keys

Hi,

After upgrade I have qemu-server: 2.0-69 not 2.0-68. Other packages seems to be OK. I did upgrade via apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade.
Where I can find changelog beetween 2.0-68 and 2.0-69 ???

Regards,
michu

I had no problem with this update on my cluster, public key authentication is still functional between nodes.

Richard.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it but I'll ask just in case. Did this fix bug #278 for slow virtio nic? I see the bug doesn't show resolved and this doesn't reflect it either so likely not. I'm just asking because I'm waiting on that to move forward. Thank you!
The bug #278 may be not related to my issue. I face slow NIC issue either using Realtek, e1000 or Virtio, but after upgrade to 2.2-30 I got very fast NIC, nearly 70 Mbps (my Switch is 100 Mbps).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!