NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 100

Jun 8, 2012
Cuba
I have a two node Proxmox VE (2.2-26/c1614c8c) cluster, recently I'm receiving this message from one of two nodes: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 100.
That node has a Core i3 CPU and a RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller. As far as I know, there is no malfunction at all, but I'm worried about this, I have read forum threads concerning this issue but no proper answers or solutions.

Best regards

Last edited:
Found the following repeating periodically on the local console NOHZ: Local_Soft_IRQ_Pending 100

I have had the server up for about month and this started to happen in the last 5 days and since the most recent updates to the the latest build of 2.2.

I did some googling and it seems to point to a bug in the Red Hat kernel 6.2.32 branch. There was no consensus as to was this a serious problem but it is a bug in OpenVZ. The following url had a good explanation http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...error-messsage-NOHZ-local_softirq_pending-100. Seems like this was a simple code fix.

Thanks for the great product. The community forum is really super and I really believe in the Support Subscription and will be getting one in the next day or so so that this great product can keep going. This is a totally awesome product and I have ESXi and have nearly a 100 virtual machines running but ESXi can't do the CT. What they offer for feature sets totally rocks.

Can't wait to see what the 2.3 will bring.

NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 100

These messages have started to appear on all of our cluster nodes, mainly during vzdump backups. We are running PVE 2.3 with the latest kernel Linux proxmox 2.6.32-19-pve.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!