Cant remove a Openvz container (Error exit code 41)

ictdude

May 18, 2008
I just did start testing a Fresh installed Proxmox server at Hetzer.de

Had a problem with installing a openVZ. When i did a reboot of Proxmox the
second OpenVZ did work. Gues that was needed when i first in stall fresh Proxmox.

But now a not existing openvz is in the Proxmox Gui and i cant remove it.

stat(/var/lib/vz/root/100): No such file or directory
Container is currently mounted (umount first) <--------------- did try to unmount (Openvz command) but again error ...
TASK ERROR: command 'vzctl destroy 100' failed: exit code 41

So how can i destroy this open vz thats is only in the Gui and not real on the server !?? :confused:

(Because i did not a reboot at fresh install this error..) After reboot all ok.

Directory /proc/vz not found, assuming non-OpenVZ kernel
Container init failed: Cgroup is not mounted
TASK ERROR: command 'vzctl start 100' failed: exit code 5

PROBLEM SOLVED BY MY MY SELF :D

Goto /etc/pve/nodes/static/openvz ---> There was a file 100.conf Jus had to delete this file :p

Last edited:
Thanx Tom for the reply i already solved the problem by doing this:

Goto /etc/pve/nodes/static/openvz ---> There was a file 100.conf Just had to delete this file. After this problem solved :)

My issue started when I tried to create a VZ from template into an NFS Shared Storage. It was not supported.
I'm sure I could have removed it then, but I tried to start the container since it did create it.
That's when the issue happened about not being able to remove. Total error output was
Code:
[FONT=tahoma]stat(/var/lib/vz/private/102): No such file or directory
[/FONT][FONT=tahoma]Container is currently mounted (umount first)
TASK ERROR: command 'vzctl destroy 102' failed: exit code 41[/FONT]

Had to navigate to
Code:
/etc/pve/nodes/proxmox/openvz
rm "VM-NUMBER".conf
As soon as I removed it, it vanished from my webGUI. I had it open while I removed it through SSH (Putty).

Not sure if that helps someone

My issue started when I tried to create a VZ from template into an NFS Shared Storage. It was not supported.
I'm sure I could have removed it then, but I tried to start the container since it did create it.
That's when the issue happened about not being able to remove. Total error output was
Code:

Had to navigate to
Code:
rm "VM-NUMBER".conf
As soon as I removed it, it vanished from my webGUI. I had it open while I removed it through SSH (Putty).

Yes helped me :D
I found the configuration file in /etc/vz/conf

for proxmox 3.3.5

Code:

Had to navigate to
Code:
rm "VM-NUMBER".conf

Perfect!

That did the trick, I ran "rm /etc/pve/nodes/vm-home/openvz/103.conf".

Of course, that command is specific to my setup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!