Login failed - proxmox

A

alifazman

Hello All,

I'm having difficulties on my testing box of proxmox. I'm trying to login to proxmox control panel but failed to login. However, the syslog file mentioned it successfull. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Oct 15 11:01:06 cloud2 pvedaemon[14026]: worker 14028 started
Oct 15 11:01:06 cloud2 pvedaemon[14026]: worker 14030 started
Oct 15 11:01:06 cloud2 pvedaemon[14026]: worker 14031 started
Oct 15 11:01:06 cloud2 pvestatd[1723]: server closing
Oct 15 11:01:07 cloud2 pvestatd[14055]: starting server
Oct 15 11:02:53 cloud2 pvedaemon[14028]: <root@pam> successful auth for user 'root@pam'

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

I'm having difficulties on my testing box of proxmox. I'm trying to login to proxmox control panel but failed to login. However, the syslog file mentioned it successfull. Does anyone know how to fix this?
[...]
Oct 15 11:02:53 cloud2 pvedaemon[14028]: <root@pam> successful auth for user 'root@pam'

I can confirm this problem with the new PVE 2.2 The browser is Firefox (to be exact: Debian 7 – Iceweasel), Cookies are enabled. The password is checked, but with the right password, the login dialog reappeers within a second.

Any help will be appreciated.

(Submitters Note: i answered yesterday to this post, but cannot find my answer in the forum, so I do it again.)

[...]

I'm evaluating alternatives to the leading solution on the market (you know who I mean), but … I have exactly the same problem. The log file tells me about a successful authorization, but I immediatly get the login dialog and cannot use PVE. I use the Debian-provided Icewasel, Cookies are enabled and there are know caveeats as a firewall oder strange browser plugins. A wrong password leads to the correct error message. Do you have an idea, how I can avoid this problem?

Same here.
Web UI failed to login.
Syslog contains records about successful auth.

I can't login with LDAP (Windows AD) credentials.
But Linux PAM works fine.

Last week both auth methods worked fine.

Sorry, it was Windows DC.
After I rebooted it all works fine.

Hi,

same problem here, installed PVE 2.2 - no Pam login possible. Additionally to the default root account, i added a user account according to the docs, but the browser login window won't let me in (althopugh it doesn't say ' wrong password' ort so, it just reappears with all entry fields empty). Syslog says the login was successfull with both accounts, though...
Is it possible to generate some pam debug output? If so, how?

thanks,
Humbug

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!