¿Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled? PROXMOX MSG

VDNKH

Aug 8, 2016
Hello very good afternoon community

A day ago my DELL T40 server with proxmox 7.3-3 started showing this message on screen and syslog:

Mar 12 03:58:59 MXBLCH kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 3c on CPU 0.
Mar 12 03:58:59 MXBLCH kernel: Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
Mar 12 03:58:59 MXBLCH kernel: Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
Mar 12 03:58:59 MXBLCH kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2c on CPU 0.
Mar 12 03:58:59 MXBLCH kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2c on CPU 0.
Mar 12 03:58:59 MXBLCH kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 3c on CPU 0.

It appears a lot, and after about 3 hours the server freezes, and the virtual machines are not accessible. The only way to get them back is to restart the server..

But the virtualizer does respond to PING, the virtual machines don't...

Do you know what could be happening? C-states are disabled in the BIOS

Now the server even rebooted by itself, could it be one of the Hardware components?

This message also appears a lot, something wrong with my RAM memory?

1678660112699.png

Greetings friends, no one responded, but here I leave what the problem was:

It was one of the RAM DIMMs. So what we did was physically replace it and that's it.

Reactions: leesteken
Greetings friends, no one responded, but here I leave what the problem was:

It was one of the RAM DIMMs. So what we did was physically replace it and that's it.
I have a the same issue but I've tried everything (replacing RAM sticks, reseating CPUs, replacing PSU, etc.) but nothing seems to solve the issue :-(

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!