storage

1. R

Issues using pvse

Hello I am having some issues. I have several nodes in a cluster that I want local encrypted zfs pools for storage but I can't add the pools using the same name on different proxmox nodes, so I can't easily migrate between encryped zfs pools. Steps to reproduce: #1. Create the base disk in the...
  2. S

Ceph - 1 subtrees have committed pool target_size_bytes

Hello everyone We have gotten this failure on our 3 nodes cluster and I really don't know how to solve it. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
  3. M

[SOLVED] ZFS Pool Name ändern

Hallo Zusammen, ich denke ich weiß mittlerweile so ungefähr was ich tun müsste bin mir aber nicht 100%ig sicher und würde daher gerne noch den Forumsjoker ziehen..... Ich habe viel rumgespielt die letzten Wochen mit Proxmox und ZFS und habe daher einen Pool wo ich jetzt am Anfang einen blöden...
  4. S

updating storage.cfg not working on 7.4. Potential bug?

I added an NFS mount in the storage.cfg on proxmox7.4. This shared storage is now available to all hosts, as I wanted too. I can then bind mount it to the containers as I wished. After a while, that this NFS is already in use, I updated the options of the NFS in the storage.cfg, namely the...
  5. M

[SOLVED] ZFS Raid1 auflösen und eine Platte an anderer Stelle mounten.

Hallo Zusammen, ich habe zwei große 12TB HDD Platten in meinem Proxmox eingebunden mit ZFS und RAID1 am Mountpunkt /zfs/vm. Das "vm" ist ein Directory, "Datacenter" - "Storage" - "Directory". Ich möchte jetzt gerne eine Platte ausbauen und woanders verwenden. Eine Platte reicht mir aktuell da es...
  6. S

Migration from RAID to Ceph without outage

OK, so I’m fairly new to Proxmox and Ceph. I need some advice on how to migrate to Ceph. Current Layout: SERVER01: (Same exact hardware as SERVER02) Production - hosting 20-30 VM’s Storage Hardware RAID 2 - SSD’s setup as RAID1 6 - SSD’s setup as RAID5 This storage is hosting the VM’s Needs...
  7. W

[Storage] Root FS on consumer hardware

Hello everyone, I am rebuilding my home server from scratch - the one I am using right now will be demoted to a bare metal PBS host. I will use consumer hardware, currently the leading option is an i9-13700 + 96 GB of DDR5. As for storage, I plan to have an HBA passed through some flavour of...
  8. K

Local LVM Storage

Hi, I am new to proxmox and was wondering why my local-lvm is filling up when I transferred media files to a completely different drive. My scenario was, I had a windows 11 vm spun up with 8TB HDD, I connected an external SSD via usb and passed it through to the VM no problem but I noticed as I...
  9. A

Proxmox unable detect NVMe drive

Hey all, I repurposed one of my windows machines into a proxmox box, but it never recognized the 512GB NVMe drive. And it doesn't seem to even be aware of the fact that the NVMe drive exists. lspci and lsblk return no mentions of any NVMe slot/drive, but the UEFI can see the NVMe, and I can even...
  10. L

New build: storage optimization for variety of workloads

Storage noob here. I am building a new single node proxmox server on a 2U server that has 9 3.5in 4TB HDDs and 6 2.5in 800GB SSDs beyond what is used for Proxmox's boot image. The server will be running a mix of stateful container workloads, databases for stateless containers, and VMs for...
  11. bbgeek17

[TUTORIAL] Deep dive into Storage Controllers and Performance of Windows on Proxmox - Continued

Hello All, Here's another technote in the Windows on Proxmox series. In Part 4, we quantify and compare IOPS, bandwidth, and latency across all storage controllers and AIO modes under ideal conditions (i.e., "unloaded"), utilizing Windows 2022 running on Proxmox with iSCSI shared block storage...
  12. S

Method for displaying VM IOPS metrics on specific storage

Hello, There are times when we need to address issues related to noisy guests by storage. For instance, if we encounter slow storage and need to identify which VM or LXC is utilizing the majority of the resources. I have created some per-cluster/node dashboards in Grafana utilizing the default...
  13. H

Storage problem

Dear, hello everyone. I have a storage server with truenas, on the other hand I have other servers with proxmox. What I need is for the disks of both the containers and the virtual machines to be stored on the NAS server. But what happens, if the share is nfs I can create containers and not run...
  14. O

Changed hdd size but Ubuntu vm not reporting proper sizes

Hello everyone, and im so happy to join such a great community. i created an ubuntu vm and assigned it a LVM disk for storage. on the initial setup i made a mistake and only assigned 850 gb, i copied all my files and then i found out i only have 30 gb left of storage. So i wanted to increase the...
  15. S

Powercut changes something on one VM!

Okay, so a little background information: PVE 6.4-6 Running up to 8 VMs HP ML330 G6 - X5650 110GB RAM I now nearly have all my 'everyday' VM's up and running again, however my Storj VM refuses to run.. complaining "attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'" When I go into Console, and...
  16. V

Shared Storage with FC-SAN

Hello, I'm trying to get the best storage possible using fiber-channel SAN. With Multipath, I'm able to get the SAN appear as disk on my nodes, and I'm able to create a PV/VG on it. So I have now a Shared storage based on LVM, on my SAN, available on all my nodes. The only issue I get, is...
  17. I

[SOLVED] group rights for using iso

hi all, i have a group since older versions for users. since v8 group rights are different/new. i have mount a nfs storage with iso´s, how can i add rights to my user group, thats users can only use iso´s, but don´t can remove and edit it and don´t show others on this storage? my user-group is...
  18. bbgeek17

[TUTORIAL] Storage Controller Efficiency Data for Bandwidth-Constrained Workloads on Shared iSCSI Storage

Greetings everyone, Good news! We've managed to carve out some time to compile the latest data set for our ongoing exploration of Windows 2022 server on Proxmox. Part 3: Computational Efficiency of Storage Controller Configurations under Constrained Bandwidth Workloads Expanding upon the...
  19. X

fstab Configuration for volumes

Hey guys I need some help with configuring automounted drives in proxmox. Backstory: I've lately been having some troubles with configuring my storage. Initially I had some mount points at mnt/ and some at mnt/pve/. So I decided to move them all to mnt/pve/. I did this, mounted them and i...
  20. K

ZFS advice for hetzner bigger boxes

Hi. Some time ago I took of hetzner auction a machine with 15 x 6TB HDD. Somewhat naive (if not plain stupid) I configured it in one vdev raidz2. auch. it run few VM (very slow) and few LXC and some backing up for my substancial photo-library, and predictably machine is slowly dying I even got...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!