kernel panic

1. B

[SOLVED] Revert kernel update

After updating the kernel along with other packages using "full-upgrade" to 6.5.13-1-pve I'm getting a kernel panic. How can I revert the upgrade?
  2. F

Kernel panic when IOMMU is enabled

Hi, I have a VM host with an ASRock Rack B550D4-4L mainboard with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5750G (with Radeon Graphics) CPU running a current PVE 8.1 with Kernel 6.5. # pveversion pve-manager/8.1.4/ec5affc9e41f1d79 (running kernel: 6.5.13-1-pve) The system runs very stable overall, but it only boots...
  3. M

Random kernel panic/crashes/reboot

Hi all, since October 10th, my Proxmox server is randomly crashing with a kernel panic about once a day. Initially I was looking for hardware issues since I thought I had not done any updates prior to the first crash. However, I recently realized I had apparently forgot that, according to...
  4. L

kernel panic: BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffada43b51bf58

I have a general purpose, single-node server, which randomly ends up frozen under heavy load, when using kernel 6.2, usually when full backups are running. Woke up to below message this morning. This server was originally installed with proxmox 7.x, and operated flawlessly. Later upgraded to...
  5. M

PVE 7 to 8: VM crashes after migrating, OSD not found

I run a 3-node PVE with CEPH. I migrated all VMs away from node 3, upgraded to the latest CEPH (Quincy) and then started the PVE 7 to 8 upgrade on node 3. After rebooting node 3 (now PVE 8), everything seemed to work well. So I migrated two VMs, one each from node 1 (still on PVE 7) and node 2...
  6. M

[SOLVED] ZFS causes kernel panic after power outage

Hello all, I am running a Proxmox server on version 7-1.2, few days ago i have experienced a power outage which causes system to fail at boot. When i connect a monitor to display, i saw that ZFS triggers kernel panic and system boot stucks. After that i have booted into recovery kernel, and...
  7. E

Inconsistent and random kernel panics

I'm recently new to learning Proxmox and followed a couple YouTube guides to get a Plex (+arr) VM and an Open Media Vault VM up and running. I'm passing a ZFS into OMV, sharing a CIFS, then accessing that share in the Plex VM. My specs are Ryzen 5 3600, Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming mobo...
  8. F

Persistent kernel panic on testing ZFS with recordsize >= 512K

Hi folks, I've got a persistent issue on my new Proxmox instance - getting a kernel panic everytime when trying to test ZFS filesystem (not zvol) with recordsize 1M, 512K affected as well. Here is test case which I've used to reproduce - it worked in 100% runs and I even was able to reproduce it...
  9. N

OPNsense VM - BSD panic

Hi New using Proxmox, I have been trying to run OPNsense in a VM, already tried both available bios and machine configuration but the BSD kernel always enters in panic mode. The closest I have gotten to finding the cause of the problem is this post in the lxc forum. But I have not been able to...
  10. L

HELP! Passthrough VM kernel panic - PVE 7.3.3

Hello I've experienced this VM crash on a stock pve-manager/7.3-3/c3928077 (running kernel: 5.15.74-1-pve) [EDIT] there's a more explicit log message in the 2nd crash, see my second message below The VM worked well for 24h before the crash. The machine is a Celeron MiniPC that I've reinstalled...
  11. I

Proxmox 7.3 reboot randomly / Kernel panic

Hello everyone, for a week now I have been trying to solve a problem on a server running proxmox 7.3 ! On December 6th, I found my server completely crashed in Kernel panic, that day I only managed to take one screenshot in IMPI. Since then, the server rebooted once every 24 hours more or less...
  12. A

Kernel Panic after installing new kernel

I have a very specific and strange problem and ita kinda urgent to solve it in a timely manner. Yesterday I encountered a kernel panic on my proxmox server looking at server management logs apparently there was a power outage and ups was out of service for maintenance booting to the default...
  13. K

Kernel panic on some VMs while adding a vm disk

Hi, I experienced yesterday a peculiar problem while adding a storage. We have a file server on which i created a SMB share. For our PBS, i created a vmdisk of 10TB on that SMB share. when i added it the process timed out. What is weird is that on the file server, i saw the object created and...
  14. S

Kernel Panic crash

Hi everyone, I just installed PVE on one of my computer. I've build a Windows 8.1 vm following this guide: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Windows_8_guest_best_practices and now after ~10 min my PVE server crash ( sorry it's actually a picture of the screen :D ) How can I debug this ? Thanks.
  15. L

Frequent kernel panic

Hello, First sorry if writing in wrong section. I'm a very happy user of PVE and PBS and I love them! This because in the last ca. 2 months, my PBS install is going in kernel panic randomly... I've already checked much logs as i can and i can't find nothing usefull... I'm keeping updated my...
  16. D

kernel panic 5.15.35-1-pve,kvm64 migrate from CPU Intel gold+silver to Intel xeon e5 fails

Hello, with kernel 5.15.35 kvm64 migration fails with particular host cpus: Any online migration performed from: - an Intel Gold (6130) or - Intel Silver (4110) CPU to any: - Intel Xeon E5 (1650,2660,2643) fails with Kernel panic stopping the machine and make a cold move is always working...
  17. T

Kernel Panic

Hello, I hope someone can help me, I'm in panic because of kernel panic. Because of bad weather the FI turned off and now my server shows kernel panic, but I don't think is because of the FI. I also did a lifecycle check and it didn't show anything of concern. One hour before I updated...
  18. D

Proxmox not booting on AMD Epyc based server

Hallo there, I have an AMD Epyc based server which is unable to boot ProxmoxVE v7.1-2. (installed from the latest .ISO). I first get a BusyBox CLI from initramfs, after exiting that CLI, I only get a kernel panic, check the screenshot for details. Other linux OSes like Ubuntu 20.04.4 or...
  19. A

[SOLVED] Kernel panick. Advice on debugging

Hi So the other day I attempted to run my proxmox without a VGA card as I wanted to use the same PCIe slot for another network card. This didn't work. It seems like the motherboard had no intention of posting without a VGA card present. However after trying this I started getting Kernel Panic...
  20. A

ZFS related kernel panics on Proxmox 7.0-13

Hi all, I have been troubleshooting issues with kernel panics on Proxmox 7.0-13 for the past week but I was unsure of the cause due to lots of configuring and setting up prior to noticing the issues. I decided to reinstall Proxmox and start from scratch today and was able to prove that...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!