boot

1. S

Boot Probleme mit H220 HBA Karte

Ich habe einen DL380p Gen8 HP Server mit einer H220 HBA Karte verbaut, da ich meine Festplatten direkt ins Betriebssystem durchreichen möchte. Das installieren von Proxmox im zfs RAID 1 funktioniert ohne Probleme. Es werden auch alle Festplatten erkannt, jedoch wenn ich den Server anschließend...
  2. V

Cloning VM Template With Cloud Init Fails

Hi all, I've been trying to deploy machines via the Proxmox VE API by cloning an existing template and configuring it with cloud-init. Sometimes this works, however most times my VMs either get stuck in a bootloop or get stuck in initramfs: Bootloop: Initramfs: ALERT! UUID=<UUID> does not...
  3. J

Kernel booting issues

Hi, Why is the systemd boot not set as default ? I see these entries : root@pve1:~# grep 'menuentry ' /boot/grub/grub.cfg | cut -f 2 -d "'" | nl -v 0 0 Proxmox VE GNU/Linux 1 Proxmox VE GNU/Linux, with Linux 6.5.11-8-pve 2 Proxmox VE GNU/Linux, with Linux 6.5.11-8-pve...
  4. S

Powercut changes something on one VM!

Okay, so a little background information: PVE 6.4-6 Running up to 8 VMs HP ML330 G6 - X5650 110GB RAM I now nearly have all my 'everyday' VM's up and running again, however my Storj VM refuses to run.. complaining "attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'" When I go into Console, and...
  5. S

fstab mount fails on boot but works with mount -a [workaround provided]

Hi everyone. Very noob here, first time linux. On my proxmox host , in fstab i'm having this line "/dev/vg_4tb/lv_4tb /mnt/4tb_data ext4 defaults 0 0" I was testing this with 'mount -a', and it mounts properly, BUT on reboot my system doesn't boot with these error messages: 1 LOGICAL V. IN VG...
  6. S

Proxmox 8.1 | Linux 6.5.11-6 | Strange NVMe error prevents boot.

Hello everyone, I've run into an issue on my Lenovo m720q tiny, where proxmox fails to reboot. I've had the machine running for over a month, when overnight it randomly decided to stop working. It was unresponsive to ssh and when I plugged in a monitor I was met with a completely frozen session...
  7. B

Ubuntu 20 black screen after boot menu

I am having issues trying to convert a Ubuntu 20 vm from Hyper-V to Proxmox 8.1.4. I am able to convert the disk and everything appears to be working fine, but after the machine boots up and it proceeds to boot to Ubuntu I get a black screen and nothing else. I can't tell if the VM is hanging or...
  8. S

increase of boots at each restart

Hi, I have the following problem, which I cannot solve: Every time I reboot the machine I get a new boot option: First restar: root@percom:~# efibootmgr BootCurrent: 0001 Timeout: 1 seconds BootOrder: 0001,0002 Boot0001* UEFI OS Boot0002* Hard Drive Second restar, teh UEFIO OS is remove and...
  9. B

Can't reboot on my Windows

I have installed proxmox on my usb driver After the installation, i went to my bios to choose my windows on my boot order to be able to go back and try my proxmox But when i try to go to my windows boot, i have a big blue screen with "boot option restoration" and when i dont touch anything, the...
  10. O

lvm filter configured but multipath underlying device still in use

Hi all, I have three server machines, each connected to a SAS array. One server has two paths, two servers only have one, as my DS3524 only has four SAS ports in total. I'd like to expand its setup in the future to support two paths from each machine, but for the time being I'm setting up each...
  11. T

How can I make all disks in my rpool bootable?

Currently my `rpool` consists of 1x SATA SSD, and 2x NVMe SSDs. I'd like to remove the SATA disk but neither of the NVMe disks are bootable, either when changing settings in the BIOS of my ASRock X470D4U, or when manually selecting the NVMe disks from the F11 boot menu. Neither of the NVMe...
  12. W

[SOLVED] Move boot partition ZFS USB

Hello, What i am trying to achieve is this: I have a hp raid card (p420i) that does not allow booting from itself while in HBA mode, therefore i decided, i could try to move the boot partition to a usb drive and have all the drives directly in proxmox with zfs. However i am not sure if i am...
  13. N

FreeBSD 9 can't boot - stuck on kbd1 at kbdmux0

Hello, I am trying to install FreeBSD 9.1 on PVE 7.4.16. I try with installation cd, restoring working 9.1 installation using Clonezilla (disk to disk) every time same error - stuck on kbd1 at kbdmux0. Default settings - CPU 2x2, numa enabled, BIOS Default SEABios, VirtIO SCSI single. Try to...
  14. T

Proxmox(Debian) freeze installation

Hello, i wanted to install Proxmox but after installation and/or when i use the keys up und down in the installation menu it hangs completely. I succesfully installed it once, but after a few minutes i only see the login screen and at the serial console it hangs. For fun i tried to install...
  15. A

[SOLVED] Proxmox uses GRUB instead of UEFI bootloader on UEFI compatible system

Greetings! As far as I know disabling CSM should lead to installation in UEFI mode, yet I am still seeing GRUB during boot. What's weird, that efibootmgr -v reports that Proxmox were booted in UEFI mode. root@atlantis:~# efibootmgr -v BootCurrent: 000C Timeout: 1 seconds BootOrder: 000C,0001...
  16. W

[SOLVED] Proxmox Hangs on Pre-Installation Boot Screen when Installing on Debian Bookworm (Proxmox 8.0)

Hello all, I have an issue with installing a fresh instance of Proxmox 8 (latest as of October 25). I am able to install plain Debian or Ubuntu without any issues, but unable to complete installation of Proxmox 8 on top of Debian. I am following the instructions from the official Proxmox wiki...
  17. L

Install Proxmox from Grub

Hello all, This is my first thread I discovered proxmox, I'd like to take the plunge and discover the world of homelab with it. I'm trying to install it on a 2016 Mac that has an Ubuntu OS. I made a Proxmox bootable key, but I have trouble booting on it. When I start my computer with the...
  18. P

No Bootable Device nach Neustart des Hosts

Hallo, wir sind heute umgezogen, also hab ich mein Proxmox Host ordentlich heruntergefahren und am neuen Standort wieder hochgefahren. Alles hat erstaunlicherweise ohne Probleme funktioniert. Nur eine Linux Maschine (SLES11) meint auf einmal das es kein bootable Device mehr hat. Hab die VM...
  19. A

Proxmox stuck on Remount Root and Kernel File Systems.

Hi, I recently went through an outage and when booting Proxmox I get whats in the attachment. And is just stuck after it trying to Remount. Sometimes it gives a VGA output after next, but then stays on that too. Can't figure out a fix.
  20. P

Ubuntu Pi-Hole VM stuck on boot after host reboot

Hi, I stopped my proxmox running pfsense and pihole to add some ram and after the reboot the machine pihole running on Ubuntu will not start. I did have some trouble with this VM because it would also not shut down so i force shut the host. (pfsense shut down just fine, only pihole had this...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!