pfsense

1. H

PVE und pfSense - Netzwerke

Moin, habe ein Verständnisproblem ... habe Proxmox 8.1.4 auf einer IPU mit 6 NICs laufen ... Auf PVE eine VM mit pfSense, welche meinen Datenverkehr regelt. Das tut diese seit längerem auch verlässlich. cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface enp1s0 inet manual...
  2. A

Hetzner IPv6 /64 Subnetz routing zu pfSense

Hallo zusammen, kurz vorab, habt bitte ein wenig Nachsicht mit mir und Netzwerk :) Ich habe einen Dedicated Server bei Hetzner und möchte das ganze IPv6 Subnetz auf meine pfSense routen, damit ich das dann entsprechend an VMs weiterverteilen kann. Ich nutze das Routed-Setup und habe es auch...
  3. A

SDN/vxlan with VLAN aware PFSense

Hello everyone, I'm trying to setup this kind of setup (with more VM, but this is the simplified version) : 2 proxmox servers (px1 and px2) 1 pfsense firewall (fw1) on px1 2 virtual machines (vm11 and vm21) on px1 2 virtual machines (vm12 and vm22) on px2 My contraints are : I want vm11 and...
  4. N

PFSense on a VPS

I need help with my pfSense. I just can't seem to get the configuration right on my VPS for my pfSense router. Are there any people who can help me with this? I have created 2 vmbrs but I can't seem to configure them correctly. I actually don't want to share photos because they contain IP...
  5. Y

(please delete)

(delete)
  6. W

Port Forwarding Issue with pfSense VM on Proxmox (Dual WAN, DHCP ISP)

Hello, I'm having trouble with port forwarding on a pfSense VM running on Proxmox. I have a dual WAN setup with one DHCP connection and one PPPoE connection. I have confirmed with DHCP ISP that they use 1:1 NAT on their end. My setup: Proxmox version: 8.1.4 pfSense version: 2.7.2 NIC...
  7. M

HA With proxmox & PFSense

Hi all, I’m a little confused on how I would achieve this goal..... I’ve been tasked with migrating over our existing PFSense VSrv & setting up HA in the event a server fails or VM fails. I have setup a Proxmox cluster [ 2xDell R630 as PMS & 1xDell 3040Wyse running debian as a QDevice to...
  8. P

DHCP Network Interface for VM

Hi, I'm having some trouble configuring the DHCP network interface with Proxmox VMs. Here is my network setup. Baremetal Server comes with ESXi 7 with one network interface (promiscuous mode enabled for vSwitch0). Here, I create two VMs. One pfSense 2.7.2 and Proxmox 8.1-2 ESXi Has two port...
  9. R

pfsense VM with UFS leads to overfull vm disk until reboot

Hello, I recently moved to running pfsense in a VM on pve-manager/8.1.4/ec5affc9e41f1d79 (running kernel: 6.5.11-8-pve). My proxmox storage is zfs, so using virtio block storage for the vm creates a zvol. In pfsense, in order to avoid zfs on zfs, and write amplification, I am using UFS as the...
  10. O

Help. Can't NAT Nginx Proxy manager on pfSense

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I hope I'm following all the rules correctly. I've recently migrated my Proxmox to use pfSense as a firewall(I was previously using OPNsense). However, I'm running into issues getting the Nginx Proxy Manager to work with pfSense. I have a domain...
  11. F

sync interface for pfSense CARP HA cluster

Hi, I am thinking to add 2 mini pc nodes with dual NICs and create my first ever proxmox cluster. I am already running pfSense on my single node. to do HA on pfSense, you need a sync interface. This would mean that I need 3 network interfaces: WAN, LAN and Sync Since I have only 2 NICs...
  12. G

Bad NFS performance over vlans.

Good evening, I hope there is someone who can help me in the right direction. I manage my ZFS pools in Proxmox and, where necessary, pass them on to the VMs via NFS. In my proxmox server I use a duo port Intel 10GB network card. I access the proxmox GUI via 1 port and all VMs are assigned to...
  13. D

Not able to reach internet from LAN with PFsense

Hello guys, I started to install a Proxmox VE on a server as a Home Lab to host some services. Those services needs to be accessed from anywhere. Basically, I've followed this tutorial: https://blog.zwindler.fr/2020/03/02/deploiement-de-proxmox-ve-6-pfsense-sur-un-serveur-dedie/ But I think...
  14. U

Speedtest Throughput too low

Hi, I recently updated my internet contract to 2,5G, and I can speedtest up to 0,9G with a CAT6 cable from a 2,5 switch to my 1G NIC on PC. As soon as I connect the same cable to a transceiver on my 10G SFP+ NIC on proxmox server, I begin to get up to 0,5G. Also, I cannot get more if I connect...
  15. C

[SOLVED] pfSense LAN IP taken by Proxmox VE

The title might be confusing, but I've installed Proxmox VE on a system with four Ethernet interfaces and thought to be using Ubuntu desktop and pfSense as follows: vmbr0 - Unused, for Proxmox VE interface only vmbr1, vmbr2, for pfSense LAN to 192.168.33.1 and WAN to 192.168.31.0/24 (DHCP...
  16. E

Adding Proxmox VE to 2 networks

Hello All, I live at home with my parents while I finish school, so I cannot set up my home network as I would prefer, but I am trying to work on my home in any way I can. I recently set up a pfsense VM on my home lab, and I have successfully gotten it connected to my main PC and an AP so that...
  17. P

Connecting a router into physical server with Proxmox on it

Does Proxmox have some type of embedded firewall? Or is it unsafe to plug in internet straight to the interface? I mention that I will be working with vms, one of which is a pfsense firewall. Can I configure it to filter the Internet that comes through, or is it not necessary? I am trying to...
  18. K

Shell connections coming from other subnets dropping

I'm trying out proxmox for the first time, and I'm running into a strange issue. My Supermicro nodes have four ethernet ports, and I've configured all of them to have different IP addresses on each of my four subnets. When I ssh to one of my nodes, or launch a shell from the Proxmox web ui...
  19. M

Is it possible to make DMZ for VM inside proxmox when my router(pfSense) also is a VM on the same computer?

I want to make DMZ for VM inside proxmox when my router(pfSense) also is a VM on the same computer? I found tutorial but i don't know how can I make port for this Do you have any ideas?
  20. M

DMZ inside proxmox

Hello, i want to create dmz to VM inside proxmox using pfSense, witch also is a VM. To create DMZ i need a network port, which is only used by DMZ VM. Now I have 2 linux bridges vmbr0(WAN) and vmbr1(LAN). How can i do this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!