clone

1. D

Clone the boot SSD in cluster mode

Hi, I've seen few threads about cloning the boot disks to another disk/SSD, some used clonezilla (which, as of this moment, still having problems cloning the Proxmox boot SSD), some use dd. My problem is a bit different: I have a cluster of 3 nodes (prox,prox2,prox3, I've created the cluster...
  2. V

Migrating to a New Node Fails

Hi all, I'm having an issue that happens sometimes where when I create a new VM and migrate it to another node of mine (pve12-test -> pve11-test). VM created with: qm create 1170 --memory 1024 --net0 virtio,bridge=vmbr0 --scsihw virtio-scsi-pci --onboot=1 --ostype l26 && qm set 1170--scsi0...
  3. M

VM Performance Issue While Clone and Restore

we are facing an issue and are not sure how to troubleshoot or find the exact reason behind it while we attempted to clone any VM or try to restore a backup from PBS we noticed the other VMs would get affected and not function properly like hanging for sometime already i tried to make the VM...
  4. V

Cloning VM Template With Cloud Init Fails

Hi all, I've been trying to deploy machines via the Proxmox VE API by cloning an existing template and configuring it with cloud-init. Sometimes this works, however most times my VMs either get stuck in a bootloop or get stuck in initramfs: Bootloop: Initramfs: ALERT! UUID=<UUID> does not...
  5. R

[SOLVED] Proxmox Ceph. Clone Templates Between nodes

Hello community, My first post here. I have been searching on the subject and the posts I have seen on the forum and by search engines on the subject have not finished me clarify my doubt. To put in context. I have 3 PVE Nodes in Cluster with CEPH as backend storage for the VMs. In the ceph...
  6. S

Can't clone VM on iscsi

Hello. I have proxmox ve. And connected synology with iscsi, and I can create new vm on that storage, bit I can't clone VM on that storage: ---------------------- "Task viewer: VM 100 - Clone OutputStatus StopDownload create full clone of drive scsi0 (local-lvm:base-100-disk-0) TASK ERROR: clone...
  7. C

Anfängerfragen - LVM/ZFS, Template, Balloontreiber, Konsole

Hallo zusammen :) ich bin noch ganz neu in der Proxmox Welt unterwegs und habe ein paar Fragen und würde mich sehr über euren Rat sowie Erfahrungswerte freuen :) 1. Meine Erste Frage dreht sich um den Storage. Macht es für den Heimanwender einen großen Unterschied ob man ZFS oder LVM-Thin...
  8. M

Not possible to clone vm anymore but migrate works

Hello :) This morning i did an upgrade to 7.14 => 8. The main goal was to try to fix something wich wasn't related to this in fact. But now the problem is global. I have 8 nodes, and before the upgrade some was able to clone to other but not all. Now I cannot clone anymore from any nodes to...
  9. S

Clone multiple vms from a template at the same time (Proxmox API)

Is it possible that you can clone a vm or a template multiple times at the same time? And if yes what parameter must i use in this python request. HTTP: POST /api2/json/nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/clone And if no what would be the best way to achieve to clone a template or a vm multiple...
  10. W

Move PVE OS to new disk(s)

Hello, I have proxmox installed on a ZFS mirrored set of SATADOMS. The SATADOMS are terrible and i'm needing to move the OS to some SSDs instead. I'd really rather not start a fresh install if I don't have to. Does anyone have any tips on moving the Proxmox OS to new disks? I guess one way...
  11. 3

Stopping Clone Process Midway

I had made a mistake with the creating a clone, so I hit the stop button. This ended up leaving two containers stuck with the lock symbol. To clear the locks, I edited the files under /etc/pve/lxc for the CT's. Deleteing the line "Lock: Drive" from the file. Don't leave a blank line. Once the...
  12. powersupport

Unable to assign IPv4 and IPv6 to Windows server 19

Hi, We have created a template for windows server 2019, it works okay if assing IPv4 to provision a VM, if we assign both IPv4 and v6, then there will be issues like sometimes IPv4 wrongly assign, or no IP shows, etc, anyone can advice on this ? Thank you
  13. R

Install on many machines

How could I best install proxmox on a large number of machines? The first method I can think of might be to install proxmox on one drive and clone it to many, Is this possible?
  14. G

Linked clone support with Ceph?

Are there any issues with creating a linked clone to a Ceph RBD share, or is there a faster way to do this? I’m trying to find the best way to share “live” data between multiple PVE hosts, with a high transfer rate. The VM images that I want to share are in qcow2 format.
  15. Z

how to know linked clone or used by another vm/lxc before remove it

Hello, as the title i want to make sure this is linked clone connected to that base image so how to know that? Best Regards
  16. C

What is the best way to replicate an lxc container in another proxmox?

Hi folks, I need to replicate a lxc container that I have in a proxmox server on another new one but i don't really know how to do it because i'm new to this. I want to follow best practices. This is the output of df -h (only lxc info)...
  17. V

Can't clone CT from CT template

Hi all! I'm a total n00b about Proxmox, started using it last week. I've created first CT template, and from it I've created a full clone without a problem. And then in that newly created CT I've done some other installations and I wanted to create a new template from it too. That went OK. But...
  18. T

pct clone complains about missing snapshot.

Proxmox VE 7.1 with all updates I believe. I am unsure what I do wrong: # pct snapshot 120 "myclone" # pct listsnapshot 120 `-> myclone 2022-03-30 19:24:46 no-description `-> current You are here! # pct clone 120 125 Cannot do...
  19. P

Cloning Win10 VM as a completely new machine?

Hi, I'm testing Win10 Autopilot feature with Proxmox. It's an automated PC kittng process managed by MS Intune. It begins refreshing PC according to pre-registered HWID.csv, which is composed of hardware hash, serial etc. HWID is acquired by powershell command...
  20. C

How to clone serveral TB data of multiple small files into PVE LXC/VM?

I am here to seek for a solution, but I don't know whereis the question threads so I put it here. I've install a PVE on a server with 24TB LVM Storage. Now I have to transfer about 10TB data from an external RAID Storage in ext4 filesystem. Actually, the data is storage in /dev/sda1, but only...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!