config

1. A

One nic to multiple bridges

Hi all, I am trying to configure my proxmox server network so that I can split VM and CT. Unfortunately with poor results. This is my configuration. If anyone can help me out, I would be very grateful. PS: I only have one NIC. Please, can someone help me? auto lo iface lo inet loopback...
  2. T

All policies do not work when configuring PMG and Office365 Outlook.

I have configured the user blacklist and set it in the blacklist. In the mail filter, I put its priority at the top. However, this email was not intercepted and is usually sent to my mailbox. The PMG tracking center also has a record. When I expand the tracking center, I see that there is no...
  3. E

VMID Assignment

Curious... Am I the only one who assigns their LXC/VMs to coincide with their IP. For example, I have 172.16.20.5, so I have a service LXC that's set as 2005. Or is this my OCD? :D
  4. Z

Haupt-Netzwerkkarte wird nicht richtig erkannt

Moin Moin und frohes Neues alle Zusammen! In meiner Proxmox Installation habe ich folgendes Problem: Die Hauptnetzwerkkarte wird nicht richtig erkannt. Früher war es tatsächlichg mal eth0. Jetzt nach zwei neuinstallationen irgendwie nur noch lan0. Auch der Typ wird nicht angezeigt UND im GUI...
  5. C

NUMA questions again

I've read the NUMA wiki here: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/NUMA and the admin guide regarding NUMA here: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#qm_virtual_machines_settings however I still have some questions. * Is NUMA only useful if your PVE *host* has more than 1 physical...
  6. D

OVH: Setup with pfSense at OVH

Hello! I'm quite aware that there may be a few threads that detail similar issues like the ones I am facing, however this seems to be slightly special, especially with OVH's strange networking. The following setup is given: Proxmox VE 8 Host on latest Version with all Updates installed. Said...
  7. M

[SOLVED] Fresh install not on network. HELP!

I am having issues with the setup. I did a fresh install of PVE8 and enabled Intel IOMMU. I have everything ready to do on web interface but it does not appear on my network. I have ensured all the interfaces in the ~ip a list are presented in /etc/network/interfaces. The text file is what I...
  8. T

bios problem

so i wanna reinstall my promox from usb, but when i boot into Bios i keep getting into GNU GRUB, cant i just go back the the normal bios i had before installing proxmox?
  9. M

How to move vm config from deleted node?

I did an oopsie while upgrading my node and forgot to move my templates over from the old node. I already deleted the old node so i cant just use the UI trying to copy the file over gets me this root@pve2:~# cp /etc/pve/nodes/pve3/qemu-server/1000.conf...
  10. J

How can I keep the Hardware ID?

I have Windows 10 installed and need to use software that uses the hardware ID to keep the license active. When stopping the VM instance and turning it back on, the hardware ID changes where there is "X", keeping the rest of the ID 30F4FDCA-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-F0B41D00 How can I keep the hardware...
  11. M

ixgbe: passing parameters doesn't work?

I'm trying to use the parameter allow_unsupported_sfp=1. One of the SFP modules i'm trying to use is probably not officially supported. I've tried it in/with: - /etc/modprobe.d/ixgbe.conf - /etc/default/grub - modprobe All with no result. Also tried it with parameter debug=16 to find out if it...
  12. B

Recommended OS/Config Backup Strategies

What are some strategies that people use to backup/clone/automate/etc OS disks and configurations? I've read a number of threads on this topic - varying from clonezilla backups, automated config managers, zfs send cron jobs and many more. Many are outdated and I am curious if there are more...
  13. G

ProxMox VE configuration and hardware raid

Hi, I finally got a brand new hardware with an hardware raid controller PERC H355. I read you should not use hardware raid with PVE. Can you advise me about using (or not) this PERC H355 ? Will it be more reliable to use it in some way (ie, RAID0 instead of RAID1) ? Totally remove it ? And...
  14. M

Adding multiple IP's

HI all, Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction to adding multiple Ip's into an VM - What I'm trying to do is setup a VM Plesk server using AlmaLinux for the os the server is from OVH with 5 extra IP's. To use the extra IP's in OVH you have to assign each one with a Virtual MAC...
  15. J

Two stand alone nodes with different tree view

I have two separated nodes, none of them in cluster but in one, there is a folder "Node" and the other one doesn't. Why they are different ???
  16. B

Need some help figuring out a VLAN Trunk over VMs

Hey everyone, still getting some things figured out. So i've been working trying to get some networking up and running. I've tried a few solutions i've seen online but havent gained much traction personally, so i figured i'd reach out. This is my interface setup at the moment auto lo iface lo...
  17. O

VM verschieben auf anderen Host mit Disk auf NFS

Hallo, ich habe zwei host, diese haben jeweils Zugriff auf ein NFS. Kann ich eine VM, wo die Disk auf dem NFS liegt, auf einen anderen Host verschieben? Reicht es aus die config auf den neuen Host zu kopieren/verschieben? Wie mache ich das? LG Otto
  18. G

Clean way to disable Ceph debug logs?

Hi, I read somewhere in the forum that disabling Ceph debug logs could improve my overall IO wait. I've been reading the official Ceph docs but it's a little unclear whether I need to set the params per OSD (as it seems) or I can set them globally, and how. I can't see any of them in the...
  19. B

Edit Backup File

Hi guys, I got new hardware for my home server environment this weekend. I reinstalled the current version of Proxmox and was able to restore almost all backups. However, I am encountering problems with one, as my setup has changed slightly. In my last environment, I had a USB drive plugged...
  20. M

PVE Cannot Remove Deleted VM From View and my logs stopped working?

I am having some trouble with proxmox today. I booted it up today and tried to add a new USB device to the hardware configuration of a vm. But I noticed that it was not doing anything. Did not add it to the list of the hardware devices so I tried it again. Still nothing. I thought, maybe 4 is...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!