multipath

1. B

Proxmox, Fibre Channel, and 3PAR

Hello. So I've gone through what I think are the docs regarding PROXMOX and fibre channel presented LUN's. I'm using an older 3PAR 7200 in my lab, attempting to get shared storage between a PROXMOX cluster. So far, I have a fully operational cluster with a shared NFS volume, which performs...
  2. B

NFS v4.2 multipathing

Hi, I am trying to set up NFS 4.2 multipathing without success. I have an R540 with a test ZFS pool that is being served over NFS. Locally when I test the pool I can get 2.6GB/s. The R540 has 2x 10Gb ports with IP's 10.0.1.92 and 93. As far as I understand, the server needs no special...
  3. S

[SOLVED] Problems installing 8.1 and iscsi/multipath on root filesystem on HPE BL660c blade with HPE 650FLB hba/nic

Hello, I'm working on a poc to install proxmox on an HPE BL660c blade connected to an iSCSI san using be2iscsi based controller/nics. I have it mostly installed and working, though I've run into a problem with iscsi. I've been reading through the forums and googling for both proxmox and debian...
  4. S

iSCSI Settings on Proxmox with multipath

Hello everyone, we have IBM 5200 Flashsystem storage with 2 Controllers, each controller have 2x 25Gbps connections this storage have 8 volumes so I have 8x wwids each wwid is represented 4 times on all 4 ports total of 32 devices under sdXX we created 8 volumes on proxmox connected to the...
  5. R

[SOLVED] need help setting up shared LVM and Multipath

Hello community! There are two servers with one shared storage system via FC. I set up a shared LVM and a multipatch. I have doubts that everything is configured as needed. Proxmox version 7.4-3 I moved a number of vm with disks to these nodes, they were positioned very strangely. Some went...
  6. P

iSCSI Multipath Preferred network

Hi everyone! I would like to ask you for help: I have a Proxmox 8 installation with next networks: vmbr0 (10Gbps network) Management network/proxmox web-interface (192.168.10.0/24) vmbr40 (40Gbps network) trunk connection with vlan awareness enabled vlan9 (part of vmbr40 iface) (192.168.25.0/24)...
  7. L

Shared folder from proxmox host to VM and CT

I'm new to proxmox, I created a ZFS drive which is accesible on Proxmox at /Storage I wanted to make it accesible do the VM while remain accesible to the host and other CTs, I managed once, but I had to remove the VM and start over since I can't figure out how... anyway I managed to do the same...
  8. A

SAS Multipath

Hey evreryone! I was able to get guidance on getting my SAS disks to show up in Proxmox. I have two Dell R350s and a Dell EMC ME4012. Each R350 has two SAS cables connecting to controller A and B. When I look at the disks I see.. So the ME4 3.84 TB and 1.20TB disks show up twice. Same way...
  9. D

initial iSCSI multipath questions

I'm new to Proxmox and I'm setting up a demo cluster to figure everything out before building a production system. I'm trying to get iSCSI multipath working following the instructions here. Here's the contents of my storage.cfg file dir: local path /var/lib/vz content...
  10. L

problems with shared LVM on top of iSCSI after dropping multipath

Hello. We have a cluster of 7 nodes. VMs and LXCs are stored on external storage, on a shared LVM, via iSCSI. We recently had to move from a 2 x 1Gbps iSCSI multipath connection to a 1 x 10 Gbps FO ethernet (single link iSCSI connection, no multiphating). The iSCSI storage has 4 ethernet ports...
  11. E

Multipath configuration - Proxmox 5.3-1 - Intel Modular Server

Hi, I have configured multipath on 4 nodes in my Intel Modular Server. The problem is that when I stress test one of the storage control module while the system is running, I get different results each time. Some times, multipath is working and the path is switch automatically, but some times...
  12. S

Lot of kernel errors after setup iscsi storage

Hello, Since I setup some iscsi storage in Proxmox Version 6, I have a lot of error in my server logs. In dmesg or /var/log/messages or /var/log/kern.log, I have a lot of: [2572603.021727] sd 10:0:0:2: [sdn] Unit Not Ready [2572603.038628] sd 10:0:0:2: [sdn] Sense Key : Illegal Request...
  13. T

ISCSI SAN Network Unavailable on Boot or Cable Disconnect

Greetings, We're running ProxMox 7.1-5 on Dell R7525 servers (AMD cpu) with (2) Dell Broadcom 57414 Dual Port 25GbE SFP+ nic cards attached. We've got (2) 25GbE switches cabled correctly and connected to our ISCSI storage appliance. One card is in Riser 1 and the other is in Riser 3; I'll...
  14. A

[SOLVED] Start/Destroy: "Cannot activate LVs in VG while PVs appear on duplicate devices."

This is the same error that I posted here. However, the resolutions in that thread are not working. I've narrowed down the problem as a multipath issue, but I'm creating a new thread because this situation seems to be unique. Node A and B were clustered and are running v6.4-13 and are identical...
  15. L

Multipath not work after Proxmox 7 upgrade

Hi, I upgraded from version 6.4 to 7.0 of one of the blades on my Intel Modular Server After reboot multipath not show any device: root@proxmox106:~# multipath -ll root@proxmox106:~# on another node with proxmox 6.4 I have: root@proxmox105:~# multipath -ll sistema (222be000155bb7f72) dm-0...
  16. M

Multipath config with ISCSI Storage DELL

Hi, I am trying to configure multipath with a DELL SC5020 iscsi storage. I followed the official Proxmox guide but can't get it to work. I think the problem is in the configuration of the multipath.conf file. I am using Proxmox 6.4 I've been testing various configurations of the multipath.conf...
  17. K

[SOLVED] SAN Multipath/LVM // systemd-udev-settle hangs

Hi, I'm struggling with multipath and lvm configuration. I know it is not directly related to PBS, but on this there runs PBS 1.0.11 (Enterprise subscription). I want to use a SAN LUN (Multipath with 2 links) as a physical volume, to run LVM on that and use it as a Datastore for PBS. Server...
  18. Z

iSCSI: storage '<name>' is not online, VM working, no possibility to backup and/or migrate

Hello! I'm running a PVE 5.2 cluster with 4 nodes. The cluster is attached to a SAN, an HP P2000 G3 iSCSI. VMs are hosted on the SAN. The first controller of the SAN failed. Everything is running on the second controller, but I can't manage PVE anymore. Although VMs are running, it seems that...
  19. R

Multipath-tools Errors in PVE 6.3 Updated

Hi, I have install and configure 3 Nodes Cluster Proxmox Virtual Environment 6.3-3 with multipath-tools Installed: 0.7.9-3+deb10u1 and seeing following errors continuously. multipathd[10763]: get_alua_info: get_asymmetric_access_state returned -3 multipathd[10763]: sdi: couldn't get...
  20. C

Upgrade to Pve6 - multipath error - "Device or resource busy"

hello world, I had a Promox 5 cluster with 3 SAN storage bays. When i tried an upgrade to pve 6, one of the bays was no longer visible under multipath :-( So to take no risk on my existing infrastructure, I decided to create a new proxmox 6 cluster from scratch. (iso 6.2-1) I installed 3...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!