nat

1. C

NAT masquerading on VLAN interfaces doesn't work

Hello, I am running Proxmox VE 8.1 and I find myself in a really difficult situation regarding NAT. Important to mention: I already searched through Proxmox documentation and similar issues here on the forum but I didn't find anything that matched my specific case, or that, with a few tweaks...
  2. W

Port Forwarding Issue with pfSense VM on Proxmox (Dual WAN, DHCP ISP)

Hello, I'm having trouble with port forwarding on a pfSense VM running on Proxmox. I have a dual WAN setup with one DHCP connection and one PPPoE connection. I have confirmed with DHCP ISP that they use 1:1 NAT on their end. My setup: Proxmox version: 8.1.4 pfSense version: 2.7.2 NIC...
  3. V

Proxmox in Hetzner + NAT

Here's the situation: We have a bare metal server from Hetzner with one IP4 address. We manage to install Proxmox easily, but when we install virtual machines (Ubuntu), we cannot get them online. Here is the current configuration: source /etc/network/interfaces.d/* auto lo iface lo inet...
  4. D

Assign secondary public ip to vm inside proxmox and access internet

Dear All, I have installed proxmox in oneprovider cloud as dedicated instance and I can access the web panel successfully. What I want to configure is adding secondary public ip purchased from cloud to my debian vm inside proxmox and access internet from it. Without configure pfsense in the...
  5. O

Help. Can't NAT Nginx Proxy manager on pfSense

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I hope I'm following all the rules correctly. I've recently migrated my Proxmox to use pfSense as a firewall(I was previously using OPNsense). However, I'm running into issues getting the Nginx Proxy Manager to work with pfSense. I have a domain...
  6. P

How do I use NAT with the Proxmox Firewall?

Hi, I want to use the Proxmox VE firewall to prevent my VMs on the NAT network (vmbr1) from accessing my local network. My first thought was to use the firewall, but after enabling it, my NAT setup collapsed. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but I just can't see it.... I'm not a networking...
  7. G

IP BLOCK NO ROUTERS

Hello, I need help, I have a public IP in eno1 and I want to link my IP blocks to my vms, I try to place them in vmbr0 and bmbr1 and it does not route: my public IP address 198.51.100.5/29 gateway 198.51.100.1 ip blocks 117.18.34.34 117.18.34.35 117.18.34.36 117.18.34.37 117.18.34.38 Gateway...
  8. Z

Port forwarding from external to internal isolated LAN

I feel like this should have been straight forward but not working. Basically I have two bridge networks vmbr0 (192.168.1.0/24 and on my home LAN) & vmbr1 (192.168.100.0/24 and isolated). I have VM1 (192.168.100.10) attached to vmbr1. The proxmox host is at 192.168.1.100. Summarizing the setup...
  9. I

Proxmox with single IPv4 address and NAT VMs

Hello all, I have a rented dedicated server with a smaller provider solely used as a Proxmox host. As the title states, I have a single public IP on the machine that is being used on the physical/main port (vmbr0) in Proxmox. I have it all set up, and it worked fine until I recently added a new...
  10. M

Proxmox Mac Filter & NAT

Hello Everyone, i stumbled across an issue with Mac filter and hoping someone will be able to advise if there is a workaround. Also searched the web and forums with no luck I have firewall and mac filter enabled for datacenter and vm's VM-1 has 2 ip addresses, one public and one private, VM-2...
  11. G

NAT-ed VMs and LXCs with a single public IP on the host -- help

What I'd like to do: Migrate away from a host with about 15 public IPs to a single public IP with all VMs getting static or DHCP addresses in the 10.10.10.x space. Many of these VMs serve up multiple services -- for example, a dozen WordPress sites on a single Webinoly or WordOps VM. Where...
  12. G

Proxmox VE behind reverse proxy (Real-IP)

Hi, I access my PVE behind a reverse proxy. here is the conf server { listen 80; server_name myfqdn; set $primary_domain myfqdn; if ($host != $primary_domain) { rewrite ^ $scheme://$primary_domain permanent; } location / { return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri; } }...
  13. G

Proxmox in NAT but no internet on VM

Hi I'll make it very simple, I've been stuck on Proxmox for a very long time, I'm desperate. Currently, I have a network configuration with a physical card in DHCP and a vmbr0 virtual card which is in NAT on enp2s0 I then set up a DHCP server on the Proxmox so that an ip was automatically...
  14. P

Nat port and remote vm inside LAN

I want to use computer in LAN connect all VM in proxmox using IP_LAN: PORT. I have no experience in networking.
  15. K

nftables vs pfSense

I am planning on configuring a single public IP dedicated server at OVH, every how-to I have read describes using pfSense, I am not against using pfSense, however I like to keep things simple, secure and reliable. So, I can't help but wonder, how will things go, if instead I install nftables...
  16. T

Iptables chains and tables traversal

Hi, I'm trying to learn a bit more in-depth about networking in Proxmox in order to diagnose some connection issues I'm having. I thought maybe to just get confirmed how I believe packets are processed when sent to a container or VM. Say I have a host with a single public IP and some guests. I...
  17. T

Getting client services to talk to each other correctly

Hi all, hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. I've realized that I'm obviously lacking some fundamental knowledge with how to set up networking in a virtual environment, using bridges etc. I've had issues with several projects now, with getting VM or LXC services to talk to each other in...
  18. S

Is the Doc about NAT maqueraded trafic wrong ?

Hi, I've PVE installed on a debian VM (A) on VMWare for testing purpose, before doing it on bare metal. Inside Proxmox, i've another guest debian VM (B) with which I try to access the internet thru a natted and maqueraded interface configured on debian A, but can't. I've followed the official...
  19. L

two public IPs for one server with one nic

Hello guys, Couldn't delete this post, so I corrected it in place. got a "little" issue with 1:1 Nat on pfsense/opnsense, feels like one little piece on the proxmox side is missing. I hope someone can point me into the right direction. From hetzner, I ordered a second public IP address, which...
  20. M

Evpn SDN with NAT-like routing

Hi all, I recently discovered the SDN feature of the Proxmox Virtual Environment. So far it looks great for separating all guests into different networks, but I ran into some difficulties / questions: So far https connections to given domains, neither IPs outside the local network (containing...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!