console

1. D

Console video resolution - what's the "Right" way?

Since pve v5, I've struggled with getting a usable video resolution on the proxmox console. Especially with servers that have VGA output, proxmox tends to default to the highest possibly supported resolution, often leaving the KVM or rack-mounted-VGA out of range. Up to this point, I've been...
  2. J

VNC Shell über API unverschlüsselt starten.

Hallo, wenn ich eine Shell per API anfrage ist diese über VenCrypt verschlüsselt. Mein WebSocket zu VNC Proxy bietet aber keinerleie möglichkeiten dieses Protokol zu entschlüsseln. Wenn ich mir anschaue wie ProxMox die Shell selbst startet ist mir ein ``-notls`` Argument aufgefallen. Wenn ich...
  3. B

Proxmox disables console when VM starts on Supermicro iGPU

Hi! so I switched back from ESXi to Proxmox and I am now having issues getting video output over VGA/IPMI. The motherboard is the Supermicro H11SSL-i. As soon as a VM starts, the console goes blank. When I look at the syslog, I see the following output: Feb 01 12:42:50 proxmox pvedaemon[4247]...
  4. D

shell wont work

i gotta problem ailed waiting for client: timed out TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/pve --perm Sys.Console -- /usr/bin/pveupgrade --shell' failed: exit code 1 on shell command, and console noVNC wont work. it worked normally, now it doesn't. I don't know exactly...
  5. R

[SOLVED] HELP!! Serious Console freeze / hanging - PVE / VMs - Spice or VNC - doesn't matter!

Greets and Happy belated New Year! I just started having problems with a 4 node cluster running different machines - running latest Proxmox VE version - NEVER had console or terminal issue until just recently (only added a new switch to the network) - now when I open a console from the Proxmox...
  6. G

Connect to serial console VM with same shell as container

I have several VMs that I've configured with a serial console, however I'm not able to copy/paste into the html5 view like I can on containers. Is there a way to resolve this? Currently I ssh into the VE host and run minicom against the serial socket, but would like to have the webui available.
  7. S

Console will Not Work

I tried the the consoles that come with Proxmox and none of them will launch to connect with my containers or vms. They error no matter what I do. Sep 29 08:35:46 proxmox pvedaemon[205498]: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /vms/100 --perm VM.Console -- /usr/bin/dtach -A...
  8. V

How to maintain buffers between LXC consoles and primary console's instance switches?

It has been problematic for quite some time with the default function of LXCs where when you change to another LXC and then back, you lose your terminal/console history. Is there a method available to retain this outside of opening the console in its own window? Organizationally, when working...
  9. powersupport

proxmox vms unable to serial port

HI, when I changed the console to serial, the console is not able to access it, anyone can advise on this? Thank you.
  10. W

console tab shows garbage or missing characters - workaround

Running Prxomox VE 7.4-3 and opening the PVE web page in Chrome Version 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit), I noticed that one of my machines running Xubuntu the console tab for VMs and containers worked perfectly. On another machine, running straight Ubuntu and the same version of...
  11. C

Problem Console noVNC, pfsense, termproxy

Hello, i installed a Pfsense 2.6 in proxmox 7.4 ( Edge configuration), routing all Wan trafic to Pfsense and add some rules after activating the rules i had this issue : failed waiting for client: timed out TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/proxmox-01 --perm Sys.Console...
  12. F

[SOLVED] Can't access consoles when accessing from the web

*** TL;DR BELOW *** Hi there, After quite a few weeks of thinking about it, I finally pulled the plug and bought a domainfor myself :D so that I could finally start implementing and understanding a more realistic use case for all my LXCs and VMs: shame on me for waiting too long. Now, using...
  13. A

Virtual machine console problem

Good morning, I have a problem with the consoles of a cluster. I cannot see the console of the virtual machines if I am not logged in to the node. I do not know if I explained well. If I log in to node1 I can't see the console of the virtual machines on node2. If you can help me? Regards and...
  14. N

Windows doesn't load after going to sleep

I would like to setup my geust machine (Windoes 11) to sleep after some time. It helps to save energy. However, after going to sleep, it doesn't log in anymore via consoles or RDP. I use SPICE on Proxmox 7.3-4
  15. C

LXC Containers

Hello, greetings to all the community, I need to know how I can see through console the last modification date of a VPS lxc, and if this is active.
  16. S

Error when backing up and entering the VNC console

Hello everyone, I hope you are very well and can help me, I happen to have a version of PVE 6.0-4 and recently I have experienced strange behavior on my VMs. I noticed this in the backup task, because it began to throw an error "got timeout", this only happened with a couple of VMs, but over...
  17. I

Local Console with Chromium

Has anyone installed chromium and had the console switch to it one boot? I think it would be nice to beable to admin proxmox if there was a network issue from the GUI physically on the system.
  18. H

noVNC weird problems (containers console is blurried and on VM keyboard layout it's almost unable to write anything that isn't letters & numbers)

I have a single 6.4-15 proxmox node with some containers and VM. For all my containers console look like: For all my VM I can only write the following characters: I can't write "/", which limits a lot to navigate through the FS or to set IP/CIDR. This is locking me out of a backuped VM...
  19. G

S.M.A.R.T.: Can I tell PVE somehow to use 'smart -d sat' for my external drive?

The PVE GUI returns S.M.A.R.T. status unknown on my external disk. This mirrors what smartctl tells me on the command line root@pve:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda smartctl 7.2 2020-12-30 r5155 [x86_64-linux-5.15.60-1-pve] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-20, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke...
  20. J

[SOLVED] Websocket connection invalid pvevnc ticket

Hello Reading through the API call I can successfuly make request to the following endpoints: post - api2/json/access/ticket post - api2/json/nodes/node/lxc/vmid/vncproxy get api2/json/nodes/node/lxc/vmid/vncwebsocket From these (besides other things) I have the pvevnc-ticket, the websocket...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!