reboot

1. A

Proxmox sudden -- Reboot --

Hello, im struggling to determine why my device that runs proxmox started to suddenly reboot at random times. SYS logs have no explanation that would lead me on to something. Where else can i look? What else can i do? I started to notice that yesterday, who knows when it really started to...
  2. D

Proxmox reboots after "Purging GPU memory"

Hi, My Proxmox server is sometimes rebooting in the night. The message "pve kernel: Purging GPU memory, 0 pages freed, 0 pages still pinned, 1 pages left available." is then thousands of times in the log within a timespan of ~5 minutes. Can someone help me to fix this? Thank you a lot :)...
  3. D

Cluster reboot

There is a cluster containing 24 servers A DDOS occurred on one of the nodes in the cluster, on port 80 of one of the machines, at the time of the DDOS attack the machine was turned off, waited for it to stop completely and transferred to another node, but on the original node a high LA of over...
  4. O

Proxmox physical host automatically reboot without error logs

Hi everyone, I have a 4-node cluster PVE. Recently, my node (named Proxmox102) has automatically rebooted 2 times in 4 days. First time on 10th Dec and second time on 15th Dec. The syslog on GUI show nothing rather than "-- Reboot --". I also have 1 VM which is configured HA (I doubt that this...
  5. I

Ansible lxc reboot

i am trying to reboot lxc host as part of an ansible script , however i cannot make it work using ansible, default reboot module did not work: https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/collections/ansible/builtin/reboot_module.html it printed Socket exception: Connection reset by peer (104) and...
  6. D

PVE 8.0.4 Random reboot

Hello, I have a PVE Host with this configuration: 16 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2388G CPU @ 3.20GHz (1 Socket) 64G Ram OVH baremetal server PVE 8.0.4 with Linux 6.2.16-19-pve The server restarts randomly but frequently, I can have an uptime of 20+ days as it can restart after 5h of uptime. There...
  7. L

PVE Random reboot

My pve reboots after certain time. The log: Kernel Version Linux 6.1.10-1-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PVE 6.1.10-1 (2023-02-07T13:10Z PVE Manager Version pve-manager/8.0.4/d258a813cfa6b390 Nov 01 13:42:49 pve systemd[1]: apt-daily.service: Deactivated successfully. Nov 01 13:42:49 pve...
  8. O

uptime problem (the server reboots from within the os but proxmox does not get this information.)

Hello there, The server is restarted from within the os but proxmox cannot see this information. uptime is 8 days in server but 37 days in proxmox. Proxmox does not know about the reboot. Why do you think that is?
  9. C

Server Randomly Rebooting

Hi i have an cluster with 3 servers and the servers randomly reboot. All servers have 4 nvme ssds 2 with zfs 4 proxmox and 2 whith pcie passthourgh to an vm on every server that build an ceph cluster this is done becourse the ceph cluster is also used for kubernetes which also runs on the...
  10. P

Ubuntu Pi-Hole VM stuck on boot after host reboot

Hi, I stopped my proxmox running pfsense and pihole to add some ram and after the reboot the machine pihole running on Ubuntu will not start. I did have some trouble with this VM because it would also not shut down so i force shut the host. (pfsense shut down just fine, only pihole had this...
  11. T

HA Fencing bei Update einer anderen Node

Guten Morgen zusammen, wir hatten letzte Woche einen sehr seltsamen Fall. Wir betreiben seit mehreren Jahren ein 10 Node PVE Cluster (inkl. CEPH) und hatten bis jetzt noch nie nennenswerte Probleme. Das Cluster läuft extrem stabil und wir sind sehr zufrieden. Aber: Wir haben letzte Woche das...
  12. A

[SOLVED] Web Proxmox, all LXC and VM's are down after update and reboot (PVE8)

Hi everyone, After applying latest updates all of my containers, VM's and proxmox web instance are down. I've already done some research on Forums on what could help, but no luck there. Here are some logs and findings. I'm able to ssh to machine. I'm also getting ILO connection. :~# lxc-ls -f...
  13. S

Proxmox keeps freezing, out of options

HI Guys, My Proxmox is freezing and need a reboot every 4 / 5 hours, even with low cpu load. What i've tried so far: - Switched the NVME's (they are in raid1 2x 2TB, also tried without raid, same issue) - Switched the RAM modules - Reinstalled proxmox with 7.4 - Reinstalled proxmox with 8.0 -...
  14. T

Reboot problem

Hi, i'm french and my english is bad sorry I have two different HP PCs that reboot on their own randomly and regularly since this update version 8. If I go back to version 7 no problem. I send logs it attachement Thanks
  15. C

[SOLVED] Debian LXC doesn't start after power outage (pve node reboot ok)

Hi, I am new to LXC containers and set up a Debian 11 (official template) LXC for haproxy. I don't have any UPS at the moment and suffered two power outages on two different days. When the power outage is short, my hardware reboot when the power come back and Proxmox and all my VM restart...
  16. gladiolah

Unwanted reboot every few weeks

Hello together I have several proxmox hosts running and one of the hosts restarts every few weeks without my influence. Maybe someone has an idea how it comes to the reboots. To me the syslog looks normal, but maybe I am missing something here: May 03 22:45:40 Host-24 postfix/smtp[1105472]...
  17. S

Unexpected reboot in the production server

Hi, I'm having problems with my server. Unexpectedly it reboots and there is no log The server specifications are: CPU(s) 16 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (1 Socket) kernel version Linux 5.15.74-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.15.74-1 (Mon, Nov 14 2022 20:17:15 +0100) PVE Manager Version...
  18. R

[SOLVED] Proxmox Host als NUT Client -> Fragen

Hallo liebe Community, ich bin noch neu bei Proxmox und Linux. Ich habe folgende Konstellation: DS918+ als NUT Server Proxmox Host als NUT Client Die Verbindung von Proxmox zur Synology DS918+ steht. Das automatisierte Herunterfahren des Proxmox Host werde ich heute Abend mal testen. Es...
  19. B

Fail to load after a upgrade reboot

My node fails to load after I have performed a reboot after an update that requires it. this is not the first time it has happened. It operates headless so I can't see the screen. But whilst it was 'offline' the system sounds as though its loaded so I power off / on (which I do try to avoid...
  20. A

[SOLVED] Proxmox restarting regularly since 7.3/7.4 upgrade

Hi, I'm running the latest proxmox non-commercial distribution (7.4-3) after upgrading a few weeks ago from a 7.2-2 I had been running since June 2022. I had a few challenges doing the upgrade on my ASUS motherboard, having to disable C-states in the BIOS to even enable the machine to reliably...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!