cluster

1. C

Proxmox Cluster Firewall Minecraft

I've set up a cluster of 3 machines, and have added 5 LXC's for a Minecraft server that I plan to initially expose limited number of users online, those in school Minecraft club. Proxmox has the Firewall at the datacenter level, server level and VM, LXC level. For Minecraft the servers are set...
  2. L

[SOLVED] High Availability On Numerous Hardware Configuration

I'm interested in configuring high availability but I couldn't find information about how it works with different hardware configurations. I have a really beefy main server, and my other servers that would be in the 3 HA node aren't as powerful. 128 Cores 4 TB of RAM 44 Cores 1 TB of RAM 88...
  3. X

PMG7 to PMG8 upgrade | cluster with two nodes | without an in-place upgrade

Dear Forum I would like to upgrade an existing PMG7 cluster with two nodes (1 master and another) to PMG8 without an in-place upgrade. Is there a step by step guide for this?
  4. F

Cluster: force VM to start without quorum and expected votes?

Hello, I am running a 2 node cluster with an external QDevice. So I am looking for a solution to force start a VM even just 1 node is online and the QDevice is not reachable. That VM is not running on a shared storage so I don't care about split brain. I don't want to set expected votes or...
  5. D

Clone the boot SSD in cluster mode

Hi, I've seen few threads about cloning the boot disks to another disk/SSD, some used clonezilla (which, as of this moment, still having problems cloning the Proxmox boot SSD), some use dd. My problem is a bit different: I have a cluster of 3 nodes (prox,prox2,prox3, I've created the cluster...
  6. S

Half of the hosts in the cluster automatically restart due to abnormality

I especially want to know what protection mechanism the PVE cluster has to allow the host to automatically restart. Environment: There are 13 hosts in the cluster: node1-13 Version: pve-manager/6.4-4/337d6701 (running kernel: 5.4.106-1-pve) Web environment: There are two switches A and B...
  7. L

Proxmox Cluster / different version compatibility

Hello, So the client have quite old Proxmox cluster with 18 servers in this cluster. These servers running "Virtual Environment 5.4-15". Yes. That old versions of Proxmox. I'm pushing customer to upgrade to the latest version, but it's a long story. Currently they buying a new server. My...
  8. D

Proxmox cluster does not work (freezes every time)

Hello, since yesterday nothing works anymore on my Proxmox server, I have already reinstalled both servers, with the official iso file, but on my first server "Proxmox" the cluster does not work, there is always the one with the question mark shown, and when I go to the server in...
  9. P

HA Cluster Replication Question

Hello, I would like to set up a Proxmox HA cluster with 2 nodes. I can't use Ceph with only 2 nodes, so I wanted to try replication. With replication, you can set the container to be replicated every 15 minutes, for example. But then I asked myself a question: If my container is running on...
  10. B

Backup to another node

Hi. I'm really new to proxmox. I will try to back up my "proxmox" node's vms to "dl380" node. They are in cluster. I have a directory type storage on "dl380" node with the following settings. When I try to run a backup job I received the following error message. I checked the systemctl...
  11. I

[SOLVED] Proxmox cluster not using Link 0 to migrate VMs

Hello. Does anyone know why proxmox cluster uses Link 1 instead of Link 0 to migrate VMs? My Link 0 is 10G network card and Link 1 uses 1G card. I was wondering why migration is so slow so I checked NIC traffic with vnstat and I noticed proxmox cluster data goes thru backup link. Is there...
  12. A

unknown node status when vm backup job

Help, has anyone encountered a similar problem, a cluster of 3 nodes, one random node freezes, with a VM backup task, restarting networking.service helps and the node comes to life, the VM comes to life after unlocking qm, but the network on the VM does not work if you migrate VM to another...
  13. M

How to use Ceph storage for directory sharing between two VMs on separate node.

Example- **************** Cluster- node 1-> has VM-1(on local storage) node 2-> has VM-2(on local storage) I am already using Ceph and HA. I want to use VM-1 and VM-2 "tmp" directory to be synced. I was thinking of mounting some storage from the Ceph storage pool in VM-1 and VM-2 for...
  14. H

Proxmox Cluster with Ceph on 4 Nodes - but need the Quorum healthy with 2 nodes

Hello Board, working on a proxmox cluster with 4 nodes. 2 Nodes are Servers for VM's containing all sorts of systems services mostly based on some Linux Distris such as Debian/Ubuntu etc. Those 2 Nodes are running HA and Ceph so they are completely redundant to each others. 2 Nodes are SDN...
  15. C

Advice Required for Best Practice Configuration of cluster disk drives

I have 3 hosts (HP EliteDesk Mini i7-9700 each has 2 x nVME slots or can have 1 x nVME and 1 x SSD) which I have placed in Cluster. These machines were Windows 11 previously and I had to change some bios settings to boot and cancel some windows specific security. The attached image shows the...
  16. C

How to make the iSCSI Synology NAS Drive on the Cluster accessible from the Mac OS X?

I have configure a cluster of 3 hosts and successfully connected iSCI NAS and the SMB NAS volumes to the Cluster. My question is what do I need to create on the cluster to be able to access the iSCSI from other devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac OS X) via the cluster. The specific reason for me...
  17. A

[SOLVED] VMs not communicating accross nodes on cluster with SDN VXLAN configuration

Hello. I'm trying to set up a Proxmox cluster and have VM on multiple nodes communicate with each other but it doesn't seem to work (cannot ping across multiple nodes) I tried to follow the example https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvesdn.html#pvesdn_setup_example_vxlan Here is the...
  18. D

Two node setup grey question marks everywhere error

Hi there So I have two physical devices. Both are running Proxmox Virtual Environment Hypervisor. But only one node is up 99% of the time. I decided to have two installations of Proxmox VE and not Proxmox VE and Proxmox Backup Server, because I wanted to be able to do maintenance work or try...
  19. B

[SOLVED] Problem cluster

Hello, I would like to delete the cluster but I don't understand why I get this error (the node no longer exists)
  20. B

Proxmox, Fibre Channel, and 3PAR

Hello. So I've gone through what I think are the docs regarding PROXMOX and fibre channel presented LUN's. I'm using an older 3PAR 7200 in my lab, attempting to get shared storage between a PROXMOX cluster. So far, I have a fully operational cluster with a shared NFS volume, which performs...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!